Installing vWii With Wii U 5.5.2 Possible?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Rokon2, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Rokon2
    OP

Rokon2 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2017
    United States
    I turned on my Wii U but wasn't quick enough to prevent the update download to 5.5.2 so I'm stuck on this version. My question is, would it still be possible to install vWii on this version, since AFAIK only the Browser Exploit's been patched?

2. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Do you have HaxChi or CBHC. I surely hope so. If not did you follow a guide with the fortitude to instruct you to perform a nand backup? If your answer is no to all these questions then quite simply... You're fucked!

KeoniAzugon likes this.
  3. UsualNoise

UsualNoise Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2009
    United States
    Sounds like the OP was talking vWii only. If so, I don't believe anything would prevent installing vWii since that's completely independent of the Wii U menu. I just tested my current vWii hack with 5.5.2 (updated while daughter was playing) and everything works fine still (Homebrew channel, Nintendont, USB Loader, etc.)

4. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    This is true if you plan on using a game exploit. You won't be able to use IOSU to hack the v Wii from Wii U if you dont have HaxChi on 5.5.2. Browserhax is impossible right now on 5.5.2.

UsualNoise and godreborn like this.
  5. UsualNoise

UsualNoise Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2009
    United States
    Thanks for clarifying. I was only aware of the game exploit as I had used that on both my Wii and Wii U. Anyone relying on something else, as you point out, is out of luck for now.

kehkou likes this.
  6. vickdu31

vickdu31 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2016
    vWii is totally independent, we could hack it almost day one and any system update never changed anything.
    Now that make me realise, would there be a way to make a haxchi installer from a vWii homebrew ? We can hack the vWii from wii U homebrew already

Last edited by vickdu31, Jul 18, 2017
  7. Trylk248

Trylk248 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 31, 2012
    Canada
    To be honest I think yes but no at the same time. It looks like the vWii is another Firmware took from the Wii and modified to be "emulated" somehow because when you compare a Wii emulator to the vWii, they're pretty much the same thing. Also a note on that : it sounds like vWii and NWiiU are both different OS that each other can boot in. Sounds like a DualBoot.

8. vickdu31

vickdu31 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2016
    Yes but there are ways to write files between those 2 os apparently (since Wii U homebrew can hack vWii/ patch vwii Os)

9. Rokon2
    OP

Rokon2 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2017
    United States
    I'll take a look at the guides and see if I can attempt it. Unfortunately I didn't have HaxChi so I'm stuck, mainly because I didn't know what HaxChi did at the time and was afraid to attempt to install it.