Installing legit tickets without CFW (FW>9.2)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by OSfrogOSsloth, Jan 5, 2017.

1. OSfrogOSsloth
    OP

OSfrogOSsloth Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Hello,

since it's possible to install legit CIA files without CFW, could I also install legit tickets and download the content from the eShop?

If yes, what would happen if I install a ticket for a title, that is not "legit", out of region or corrupted?
    In other words: Is it easy to brick with this?

I appreciate any help.

2. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    No you can't install tickets without cfw.
    Just setup cfw as its now possible on the latest firmware without a dsiware or hardmod https://3ds.guide/

OSfrogOSsloth likes this.
  3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    It is possible to install legit tickets and CIA files without CFW. However, that severely limits the number of games you can install. Instead, you should exactly follow the above guide to install A9LH and CFW. You will not regret it.

Edit: To answer your other question, if you were to attempt to install an illegitimate CIA or ticket, it wouldn't let you. There's no chance for a brick that I'm aware of. You can actually install an out of region CIA successfully, but it just won't show up on the home menu, and you will have to use a homebrew app to launch it.

Again though, there's no reason to confine yourself to just legit CIA files. Install A9LH and Luma3DS following the guide.

Last edited by Lacius, Jan 5, 2017
  4. OSfrogOSsloth
    OP

OSfrogOSsloth Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2016
    Gambia, The
    And this is why I am confused. Everyone says something different about the tickets... you mean I will be 100% fine if I scan the ticket QR code for e.g. Luigi's Mansion 2 PAL (which is also a legit CIA in Europe)?
    Also, If I had a microSD card reader, I would have installed A9HL by now... I will buy one soon though. Thanks for helping!

5. MarioMasta64

MarioMasta64 hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    if the tickets installed you can redownload from eshop and install the title using fbi, also id reccomend using mashers homebrew launcher to launch the out of region titles but definitly cfw your device ^-^ before nintendo breaks safehax

6. pietempgba

pietempgba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 9, 2016
    United States
    im new to the 3ds hacks can you install backups cias of your games on luma?

7. pre10c

pre10c GBAtemp Fan

Jan 15, 2016
    Belgium
    Why not use the SD manager build into the n3ds?

8. MarioMasta64

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    maybe he has linux?

9. OSfrogOSsloth
    OP

OSfrogOSsloth Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I am on Windows, but you need to eject the microSD card during the hacking process :/ at least the holy bible says so

10. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Do you not have the ability to read standard-sized SD cards with your computer?

11. OSfrogOSsloth
    OP

OSfrogOSsloth Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2016
    Gambia, The
    It can read normal SD cards perfectly fine

12. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    I'm assuming you have a microSD to standard SD adapter if you're able to plug it into your 3DS.

13. OSfrogOSsloth
    OP

OSfrogOSsloth Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I should have said that I am on a N3DS before, my bad. I also only got the 4gb one that came with the N3DS. I will buy a 32gb (I know many people go for 64, but 32 is enough for me) + microSD to standard adapter tomorrow.
    Thank you for helping Lacius, I appreciate it!

14. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    I have 32GB and have more than enough room to spare.

Edit: If you're impatient, you might be able to get all the necessary A9LH setup files onto your smartphone if you have one, and then transfer the files/folders to your microSD card using that.

Edit x2: If I were you, I'd get everything setup in a folder on my computer, upload that folder to Google Drive or something, download the folder on my Android smartphone, and then use my smartphone to transfer those files onto my microSD card.

Last edited by Lacius, Jan 5, 2017
  15. MarioMasta64

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    so if on n3DS take the back off. and keep it off till complete