Hacking Installing homebrew with m1 mac

Ojbroj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been trying to follow tutorials and the like on youtube and places like hacks.guide but can't find a good guide to run things on mac. There's always a .exe that I can't run. I'm also on an m1 mac so I can't run a virtual machine for windows really. I have an old windows laptop hidden in storage somewhere but I wasn't sure if there was a decent solution for mac or i should just start digging for the old laptop.

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been trying to follow tutorials and the like on youtube and places like hacks.guide but can't find a good guide to run things on mac. There's always a .exe that I can't run. I'm also on an m1 mac so I can't run a virtual machine for windows really. I have an old windows laptop hidden in storage somewhere but I wasn't sure if there was a decent solution for mac or i should just start digging for the old laptop.
Use boot camp to install a windows partition

Ojbroj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use boot camp to install a windows partition
I can't. I'm running an m1 mac that uses an ARM processor. I would need to download windows for ARM and Windows on ARM doesn't run the standard x86 programs like mac does. None of the .exe would work properly the last I checked

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
finalhe, right? You can build it from source on macOS. Instructions are in the repo, though they are a little unclear so specifically what I did is:
Code:
brew install libusb qt
git clone https://github.com/soarqin/finalhe.git
cd finalhe
mkdir build
cd build
cmake .. -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH="/usr/local/Cellar/qt@5/5.15.2/lib/cmake/"
make
(install brew from https://brew.sh if you don't have it)

Then you will have a "FinalHE" executable at "build/src/FinalHE" in the repo, I think that should be good, it was a little bit ago that I modded my Vita but I know I didn't need to use Windows and I think this what I did.

I've attached my build, however I'm doubtful it'll work without at least installing libusb and qt from brew, it might work with just those though. I'm also on macOS 10.14 still.

Attachments

• FinalHE.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 77

Ojbroj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
finalhe, right? You can build it from source on macOS. Instructions are in the repo, though they are a little unclear so specifically what I did is:

Then you will have a "FinalHE" executable at "build/src/FinalHE" in the repo, I think that should be good, it was a little bit ago that I modded my Vita but I know I didn't need to use Windows and I think this what I did.

I've attached my build, however I'm doubtful it'll work without at least installing libusb and qt from brew, it might work with just those though. I'm also on macOS 10.14 still.

This looks pretty great. A little daunting since I have virtually zero programming skill, so I think I'll dig out my old laptop. I may keep looking into this though. Just found the readme on the finalhe github. I'm so used to following instructions on outside sites and just downloading from github. Guess it would be good to actually know some of what I'm doing lol

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does the like of crossover and winebottler still work on M1? I used to run a lot of windows software on my Imac. it was never stable enough for sustainable gaming altough it support 3d very nicely. But for a converter or homebrew installer it works fine most of the time if the dependencies are not too recent.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1