Installing Games to SD Card

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by thefear, Mar 2, 2016.

1. thefear
    OP

thefear Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2009
    Gday guys, ive been scratching my head for a few days with this one.

I am trying to play We Sing on my Wii using a HDD via USB, But i am having terrible lag issues with it, I have been reading around and have came to a conclusion that the USB port may be to slow to properly run the game (Reason for the lagging). I have also read that to fix the lag problem the game should be ran from the SD card, as it can perform alot more faster.

However, i am getting mixed opinions that games can even be ran from from an SD Card,
    I have made a "wbfs" folder in my root directory of the card and 'installed' the we sing game to the card using "Wii Backup Manager" the card is formatted to FAT32 as i am running homebrew and other loaders from it. However i am unable to get any of my 3 loaders to see the game on the card; CFG Loader, WiiFlow and USBLoaderGX. They all give me an error saying there is no HDD Connected, but they wont allow me to select where to read the games from.

Is there something i am missing, or is it just not possible to run a game from an SD Card?.

If needed i can post up a sysCheck if you wish, Thank a million

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Running games from SD is not in any way faster than running them from a USB HDD.

USB Loader GX doesn't support Wii games on SD at all. I'm not sure about the other two but as far as I know they should work.

If I remember correctly Wii Sing requires a different cIOS since it has peripherals. Try loading it under a cIOS based on IOS57 or IOS58.

3. thefear
    OP

thefear Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2009
    I ended up finding a way to get CFG Loader to read the SD Card, The menu which comes up when no HDD is detected is terrible.

Anyways, i tried base 58 on IOS249, IOS250, and IOS 251, in which all cases the Wii just crashed onto a black screen and didnt do anything more,
    The game worked on base 56, Kinda. It couldnt detect the microphones duhh, so it was useless.
    Base 57 looks to work, and after running the games from the SD card this fixed up my lagging issue. So weither its what i thought speed related, or some other weird issue, i got it working Horray...

Hopefully my discovery might help somebody else who is having lagging out of sync issues with this game.