Hacking installing games over 4 gigs

theimortal1974

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i finally got games working to install on my switch. the problem is one game i want is 12 gigs in size. how can i get that on my switch when my card is formatted with fat32 like the guide told me to. i thought of using the zip program to split the game into 4 gig pieces but then when i install those pieces it still will be too big for my card unless i put it on the system itself

theimortal1974

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i assume that's for installing on the system. with only 32 gigs that won't work for long. can i format my sd card to exfat and remove the 4 gig limit?

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also if you have SX OS, it has a Installer that you can Install that has the ability to use USB Drives that are exFAT. As for Atmosphere, no idea yet. HBG, Tinfoil, and Goldleaf need to figure that out. I try to access the USB in File Browser, but it just shows nothing.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i finally got games working to install on my switch. the problem is one game i want is 12 gigs in size. how can i get that on my switch when my card is formatted with fat32 like the guide told me to. i thought of using the zip program to split the game into 4 gig pieces but then when i install those pieces it still will be too big for my card unless i put it on the system itself
install python on your computer, then download this https://github.com/AnalogMan151/splitNSP/releases very handy for file splitting while using fat32

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i assume that's for installing on the system. with only 32 gigs that won't work for long. can i format my sd card to exfat and remove the 4 gig limit?
You can USB-install titles to system memory or SD all the same.
The 4GB file limit won't be an issue because NSPs are installed in 4GB chunks regardless of whether you're using fat32 or exFat.

Also that splitNSP program is a means of splitting NSPs into 4GB chunks and then flagging it as a single file.
That way you can transfer/install it to your SD even if you have the 4GB file-size limit.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

theimortal1974

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can USB-install titles to system memory or SD all the same.
The 4GB file limit won't be an issue because NSPs are installed in 4GB chunks regardless of whether you're using fat32 or exFat.

Also that splitNSP program is a means of splitting NSPs into 4GB chunks and then flagging it as a single file.
That way you can transfer/install it to your SD even if you have the 4GB file-size limit.
good to know thanks for telling me. i'll try that tomorrow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Why am I always late to the party?