Homebrew Installing games on wii u - is this how?

dumbninja22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I want to install some games to my Wii U. I installed Homebrew to my SD card as the instructions say. I opened up Wii U USB helper, downloaded a game and an update, then pressed the copy-to-SD-card button.

Am I correct in assuming that the only other thing I need is the "Wupinstaller Y Mod" added to my Homebrews, and then I'll be able to install games onto my USB (playing it safe!) and play them on my Wii U? This is assuming I already blocked Nintendo updates, cleared browser data, etc.

Am I doing anything wrong? Have I forgotten anything? The LAST thing I want to do is to brick my Wii U.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I want to install some games to my Wii U. I installed Homebrew to my SD card as the instructions say. I opened up Wii U USB helper, downloaded a game and an update, then pressed the copy-to-SD-card button.

Am I correct in assuming that the only other thing I need is the "Wupinstaller Y Mod" added to my Homebrews, and then I'll be able to install games onto my USB (playing it safe!) and play them on my Wii U? This is assuming I already blocked Nintendo updates, cleared browser data, etc.

Am I doing anything wrong? Have I forgotten anything? The LAST thing I want to do is to brick my Wii U.
If you want to play eShop exclusives, or use non legit DLC, you need CFW such as Haxchi or Mocha. But to play retail games you just need wupinstaller.
Edit: Typo

dumbninja22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes as long as they're in region.
If you want the BotW DLC you can still get it without CFW, there's a workaround posted on the forum.
OK so homebrew wiiu goes to the root of the SD card, wii u USB helper with the popular ticket url (forget what I put in), download game, latest update, send them both to the SD card, pop it into the wii u, go to Loadiine, select Homebrew when it asks what you want to load, copy the game to the USB, and then hope for the best?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
OK so homebrew wiiu goes to the root of the SD card, wii u USB helper with the popular ticket url (forget what I put in), download game, latest update, send them both to the SD card, pop it into the wii u, go to Loadiine, select Homebrew when it asks what you want to load, copy the game to the USB, and then hope for the best?
Pretty much, but homebrew goes in SD:\wiiu\apps

dumbninja22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update: everything went smoothly, there is just one part I am confused about. Wup loader mod y doesn't appear to install updates to the titles, rather, I end up downloading them from Nintendos servers when I launch the game, which is kind of awkward if you know what I mean.

So does anyone know how to get wup loader mod y to install the updates that the wii u USB helper prepares and places on the SD card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 16 is becoming bare minimum for today's gaymes +1