installing free mcboot with swap magic

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by blade7115, Aug 22, 2010.

1. blade7115
    OP

blade7115 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2010
    Canada
    i need help, whenever i put in my usb and start swap magic, my usb light turns on but freezes when swap magic's splash screen pops up, it freezes. i know i put the files in the usb correctly though. i made a SWAPMAGIC folder in the root of the usb drive, and renamed the boot.elf file to SWAPMAGIC.ELF and placed it in the swapmagic directory, and yes i put all the other nessesary files in the usb drive. im sure i followed the guide corectly and its very frusterating.

i used this guide
    http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/swapmagic.php

Oh, and my ps2 version is not 9xxxx, its in the 7xxxx.

2. h0ser81

h0ser81 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 20, 2010
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    I had the same problem recently when I was trying to install FreeMcBoot. Turns out I had to use a thumbdrive that was 1GB. When I tried using my 4GB stick it kept freezing. So I'd say try using the smallest thumb drive you have and see if it works.

3. blade7115
    OP

blade7115 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2010
    Canada
    well, ive tried a 1gb microsd card, not sure if it is tht much different from a thumb drive, but il go see if i have a 1gb thumb drive.

4. Sao Mortel

Sao Mortel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2008
    Canada
    Montreal
    Really the easiest way to install freemcboot is getting it installed from someone that has it... I can install it for you for free if you want just PM me. Just send them memory card over by mail bubblewrapped with a return envelope. after then you will be an installer too it literally take less than 2 min...