OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Problem- Installed NSP Xenoblade chron 2 via both SX OS and ReiNX

Issue happens on both.

Install base game-no problem, boots
Install update-no problem, boots
Install some DLC files-game crashes at the Nintendo Switch splash screen. Every time.

Have tried installing base game, then update, then dlc, then update again, same thing
Have tried installing base game, then dlc, then update, same thing.

Any suggestions?

efxonly123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it works without the dlc, then maybe the dlc is the problem. You could try getting the dlc again, or just try playing without the dlc.

xwizit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If it works without the dlc, then maybe the dlc is the problem. You could try getting the dlc again, or just try playing without the dlc.

Hey yeah I tried three different sources for the dlc, all the same outcome :/ so weird .

Tsunn7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Same problem here, even tried installing the "v0" of the DLCs like someone suggested. No success. Only the japanese voice pack works for me, I'm running ReiNX and used devmenu, tinfoil and the SX OS nsp installer.

A

a9lh-1user

XC2 DLC : 2X119KiB - 1x2MiB - 1x92Mib + 1x380MiB Japanese Voices 1x870MiB
Are we talking about them? Or one of them?
Please specifie which one is not working please.

I have installed all of them and no problem so far (ReiNX with AutoRCM and Devmenu installed Version)

Tsunn7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
XC2 DLC : 2X119KiB - 1x2MiB - 1x92Mib + 1x380MiB Japanese Voices 1x870MiB
Are we talking about them? Or one of them?
Please specifie which one is not working please.

I have installed all of them and no problem so far (ReiNX with AutoRCM and Devmenu installed Version)
[DLC] Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Brand New Story Content Pack [0100e95004039001][v0] 120 KiB
[DLC] Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Helpful Items Pack [0100e95004039005][v589824] 120 KiB
[DLC] Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Japanese-Voice Pack [0100e95004039063][v0] 891.032 MiB
[DLC] Xenoblade Chronicles 2 New Challenge Mode Pack [0100e95004039004][v131072] 389.224 MiB
[DLC] Xenoblade Chronicles 2 New Quests Pack [0100e95004039002][v262144] 2.184 MiB
[DLC] Xenoblade Chronicles 2 New Rare Blade Pack [0100e95004039003][v196608] 94.312 MiB

Also this is my first time having such a problem. I already installed DLCs for other games (such as Dragonball) and never had issues.
Console is 5.1.0, running ReiNX with sdcard formatted as exfat.

EDIT: the "v0" of the DLCs are all 119 KiB, except made for the jap voice pack

Last edited by Tsunn7,
A

a9lh-1user

Looks good to me. But i NEVER used 3 different types of install methods! I used ONLY the installed version of a "clean" DevMenu and it worked with all games and updates also as DLC's!
Tinfoil has some problems and is AFAIK in Alpha or maybe Beta state.....so better DON'T use it!
SX OS is something else and i can't (and don't want to) say anything about it.
Did you installed them all at once? Thats what i did an so far everything is ok.

How did you UNINSTALL them before you installed them again? (or din't you?!) Are they on the SD or on the internal space?

Tsunn7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Looks good to me. But i NEVER used 3 different types of install methods! I used ONLY the installed version of a "clean" DevMenu and it worked with all games and updates also as DLC's!
Tinfoil has some problems and is AFAIK in Alpha or maybe Beta state.....so better DON'T use it!
SX OS is something else and i can't (and don't want to) say anything about it.
Did you installed them all at once? Thats what i did an so far everything is ok.

How did you UNINSTALL them before you installed them again? (or din't you?!) Are they on the SD or on the internal space?
Everytime the game broke, I uninstalled it simply by deleting it from the official settings, the content manager. Deleting everything, even the icon on the home.

Yeah, my first attempts were with SX OS installer, then tried DevMenu (the clean one) since I heard it was more stable, then tried tinfoil out of desperation.

Tried installing them all at once. No success.
Then installed just a couple ot them, still nothing. Game crashes forcing me to reboot the console.

I'm installing them on the internal storage.

A

a9lh-1user

Then i'am out of options here because i don't know the install process of SX OS. So because of lack of informations about that i'am sorry i can't help.

Tsunn7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Then i'am out of options here because i don't know the install process of SX OS. So because of lack of informations about that i'am sorry i can't help.
Sigh, thanks anyway.
Still this is so weird.. We have the same setup and I'm installing through Devmenu. In what order have you installed the nsp? Game --> update --> dlc?

A

a9lh-1user

Allways the same: GAME -> UPDATE -> DLC's
Uninstall was a little bit different from yours: Delte the Software and then back to the menu and: Saves and Screenshots: DELETE ALL (form the game you deleted earlyer).
So i think that is the cleanest way. Because even you didn't start the software there are data in "Saves/Screenshot" anyway!

Last edited by ,

Tsunn7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Allways the same: GAME -> UPDATE -> DLC's
Uninstall was a little bit different from yours: Delte the Software and then back to the menu and: Saves and Screenshots: DELETE ALL (form the game you deleted earlyer).
So i think that is the cleanest way. Because even you didn't start the software there are data in "Saves/Screenshot" anyway!
I think I'll try redownloading update and DLCs then. Hope it'll work..

Tsunn7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No success.. By the way, I never tried deleting the saves/screenshots too! Because I started the game on cartridge, I didnt want to delete the savestate.
I'll try backupping the save through checkpoint and delete that too.

xwizit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This is such a weird issue, i tried again last night and no luck at all. No matter what DLC i install, the game hangs on the switch boot screen.

xwizit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Someone I know got the DLC straight from CDNSP. That together with the latest update of Xeno and the game launches perfectly

Im using the exact same method. no dice. So is the above poster. I havent tried devmenu though. Nor do i want to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup