Homebrew Installing DLC CIAs on a region-swapped system

hallofangels

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've just purchased a japanese new 3ds ll as a cheap new "main" system (I wanna keep my old one intact and not have to risk losing it), and I would like to be able to install my collection of games on to it (via CIA files). I'm considering region swapping, but I've heard that installing CIAs containing DLC for games call back to the eShop and therefore won't work on a region swapped 3ds. Is this true? And if so does that mean I just shouldn't bother region swapping if I want to still be able to use DLC CIA files?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've just purchased a japanese new 3ds ll as a cheap new "main" system (I wanna keep my old one intact and not have to risk losing it), and I would like to be able to install my collection of games on to it (via CIA files). I'm considering region swapping, but I've heard that installing CIAs containing DLC for games call back to the eShop and therefore won't work on a region swapped 3ds. Is this true? And if so does that mean I just shouldn't bother region swapping if I want to still be able to use DLC CIA files?
what it is. is that you cannot mix USA game with JP DLC. but as long its both the same, you shouldnt have a problem with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse