Homebrew Installing dev firmware?

supermario666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I downloaded some files that were necessary for it a year ago, but when I tried to install it, it asked if I put the files in the update folder.
I also saw that you have to rename Config_v11_4_NAND.cia and DevMenu_Nand.cia to 000400000FF40102.cia and 000400000FF40002.cia, but i don't have those files.
So what do I have to do?

supermario666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Ok. I've read the Dev Firmware installation guide and I saw that the 3ds has to be USA region. I can change that but... I also saw that it can't be installed on N3DS. Can it be installed on N2DS XL? Or only the old models?

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Ok. I've read the Dev Firmware installation guide and I saw that the 3ds has to be USA region. I can change that but... I also saw that it can't be installed on N3DS. Can it be installed on N2DS XL? Or only the old models?
N2DS = N3DS without 3D effect

But where does it say about that restriction for N3DS?

Edit: Well, on this tutorial says that it could cause problems on NEW models, because was only proved on a 2DS. And if you want to prove it on a NEW, do it under your own risk

My question now is: why to change the entire retail FW of your console for a dev FW version, when you have the possibility to change from retail to dev with only activate the "Set developer UNITINFO" on Luma CFW options, AFAIK? And why to use a very old tutorial for that? (Don't answer if you don't want)

Last edited by fmkid,

supermario666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
N2DS = N3DS without 3D effect

But where does it say about that restriction for N3DS?

Edit: Well, on this tutorial says that it could cause problems on NEW models, because was only proved on a 2DS. And if you want to prove it on a NEW, do it under your own risk

My question now is: why to change the entire retail FW of your console for a dev FW version, when you have the possibility to change from retail to dev with only activate the "Set developer UNITINFO" on Luma CFW options, AFAIK? And why to use a very old tutorial for that? (Don't answer if you don't want)
I've already got some apps working like Devmenu, SaveFile, Config, Network Settings and Downloadplay client working.
Sadly, testmenu causes the 2ds XL to brick.
My question is, where can the other apps be downloaded? Because there are more.

Last edited by supermario666,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've already got some apps working like Devmenu, SaveFile, Config, Network Settings and Downloadplay client working.
Sadly, testmenu causes the 2ds XL to brick.
My question is, where can the other apps be downloaded? Because there are more.
Your answer is google. Those are warez which cannot be said of or linked to. both here or in pms.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in? +1