Hacking Installing CIAs on EmuNAND

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ive recently sold my Gateway card, and bought an 32gb SD card. It arrives tomorrow. But, ive been stupid. I installed FBI on SysNAND, but not on Rxtools/EmuNAND. So i have no CIA installer on EmuNAND now... How can i install CIA's on EmuNAND?

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
then install fbi on emunand, the same way you did with sysnand
it doesnt work like that if it was that simple everyone of would do this as the last step in guides.

Ive recently sold my Gateway card, and bought an 32gb SD card. It arrives tomorrow. But, ive been stupid. I installed FBI on SysNAND, but not on Rxtools/EmuNAND. So i have no CIA installer on EmuNAND now... How can i install CIA's on EmuNAND?

You can either install emunand again by wiping it and reinstalling so it copies of fbi installed as a cia from sysnand.

or try this https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-inject-any-app-into-health-safety-o3ds-n3ds-cfw-only.402236/

1st option is much easier

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Happened to me also, I used the injection into home and safety with the guide squee linked and it worked fine.

Do you have o3ds or n3ds? If you have an old one, rxTools can also inject fbi and there are files prepared for that so you don't have to build your own. But this one works on o3ds, on n3ds you will have to use decrypt9.

D

Deleted-236924

it doesnt work like that if it was that simple everyone of would do this as the last step in guides.
On O3DS it does though. In fact the guide I followed for rxTools told me to inject FBI into H&S on emunand first, and then said injecting it into sysnand was optional and only if I wanted to play GBA VC or DSiWare (or for updating sysnand with sysupdater.)

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On O3DS it does though. In fact the guide I followed for rxTools told me to inject FBI into H&S on emunand first, and then said injecting it into sysnand was optional and only if I wanted to play GBA VC or DSiWare (or for updating sysnand with sysupdater.)
That was not the question. He suggested to just go into homebrew menu and install fbi but you can't go into homebrew menu via browserhax and have it install stuff into Emunand. And injecting with rxtools is only possible on o3ds

D

Deleted-236924

Uh, no-one said anything about using browserhax, nor homebrew launcher for the matter.
And I already covered the part about how injecting with rxTools is only possible on O3DS. OP mentioned getting a 32GB SD card so I think it is safe to assume they have an O3DS given that N3DSes use microSD cards.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well we dont know his ds yet so will have to wait till he replaces, i still refer micro SD as just sd plainly because they are universal since they always come with a connector.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am not sure what you meant in the first sentence. https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...-cia-hbl-launcher.404151/page-12#post-5888410

Yes. Homebrew launcher run on EMUNAND, just that FBI.3dsx not working when runs in this HBL on EMUNAND. I am curious about the reason what causes the FBI.3dsx not working on EMUNAND.
Just because you start it from Emunand doesn't mean it runs on top of Emunand. That cia launcher reboots your device and starts homebrew launcher. Essentially it then runs in sysnand again, but without pasta, and that's why you can't use fbi.

Last edited by wurstpistole,

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That tool reboots your device and starts homebrew launcher. Essentially you'll be in sysnand again, but without pasta, and that's why you can't use fbi.
I am sure it's not the case. I can't run Gateway GW.3dsx , Rxtools.3dsx... and running CHHM2 on that I can install custom theme on EMUNAND while SYSNAND theme is untouched! If it's back to SysNAND it makes no sense.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. I might be wrong then. Then again why bother with fbi from hbl? You need to have it in Emunand anyway.
I do remember to install FBI before create EMUNAND everytime now. I am just curious what is the problem with launching HBL on EMUNAND that prevent FBI to work properly? Just for learning purpose.

Last edited by tivu100,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Now these days they do sanity checks.... The source IP can't also be the destination IP lol
    They did end up using some of my stuff in the first Gulf war though lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST COMMENTED A YOUR MOM JOKE ON A GACHA YT COMMUNITY POST (the algorithm has cursed me in terms of community posts, bc I fuck around on that sort of community post, just commenting and being a jackass)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT FELT SO GOOD
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the OP made a couple vocaloid characters, and the post had the caption "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: they're from vocaloid"
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    to which I responded:
    "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: it's uremum"
    +1
    I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some awesome pranks but I'm afraid to test them lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thank goodness for VPN nowadays
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Thank goodness for VPN nowadays