Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, one of my friends wants me to hack his PSP, and I want to know if I can hack it without using Pandora or Magic Memory Stick. Is it possible to use ChickHEN to enable homebrew and then install CFW? He has a PSP 1000 with 3.80 OFW.

Appreciate your help.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Captain Cocoa said:
You certainly can. I did it just yesterday. Like BKZ said use ChickHEN and Hell cat's. Not sure about the GEN CFW though, I installed M33-6.
Yes it works. My friend just got to GEN-D2 after I had pursuaded him to. He doesn't have a Pandora since he doesn't want to buy one. XD

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
8BitWalugi said:
Ah. The video helps alot. Except I can't download his 'CUSTOM FIRMWARE.zip'. Does anyone have it and can they make a mirror?
That looks to just be a package containing ChickHEN, PSPIdent, and Hellcat's Recovery Flasher. All of those can be downloaded separately.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Wait... I don't need PSPIdent if it's a 1000 right?

Also, all I have to do is update to 5.03, activate ChickHEN, then run HellCat's Recovery Flasher and install 5.00 M33, then update to GEN-A, then B, then D, then D2 right?

Evilmaster1985

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
Wait... I don't need PSPIdent if it's a 1000 right?

Also, all I have to do is update to 5.03, activate ChickHEN, then run HellCat's Recovery Flasher and install 5.00 M33, then update to GEN-A, then B, then D, then D2 right?

You do not need PSPIdent if it is a 100x model indeed.

Your way of updating is in correct order yes.
Good luck flashing your PSP.
smile.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Any PSP running 3.80 doesn't need PSPIdent, phat or slim it doesn't matter as both would be flashable. Walugi, just follow the instructions...ChickHEN is annoying enough without having to worry about quirks in the readme. And it was written based on an exploit in 5.03, therefore it only runs on 5.03.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
Hang on... the video says 'Create a folder in PSP called PHOTO'. Why can't I just use the PICTURE folder?

And one last thing, why does it need to be on 5.03 to run ChickHEN R2?
I don't know why they did that, but it does work with creating the new PHOTO folder so I would just go with the flow. Just follow the instructions to a T and you should have no problems. The only thing to keep in mind is for ChickHEN it takes a ton of tries. Just keep going at it, it does work.
yaypsp.gif

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, two things I hate hate bumping old topics, and double posting. Yes, I know I have a double post history yadda yadda yadda, anyway, I got my friends PSP today, and ChickHEN just isn't working! Any help would be appreciated.

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
8BitWalugi said:
Okay, two things I hate hate bumping old topics, and double posting. Yes, I know I have a double post history yadda yadda yadda, anyway, I got my friends PSP today, and ChickHEN just isn't working! Any help would be appreciated.
If you have CFW on ur PSP then you can use hellcats to make a temp pandora battery. its one of the options

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, I got ChickHEN to run. HC is coming up with a Fatal Error. Apparantly it needs the 500.pbp. Where do I put it? In the RECOVERY folder?

EDIT: Got the 500.pbp, all is well. Except now it's complaining about a nand_updater.prx, fatfs_updater.prx and a flash_fatfmt_updater.prx. I'm wondering If the HC I downloaded was missing files...

EDIT AGAIN: Because HC kept on coming up with errors, I gave up. I'm using GEN-D on my PSP to turn my friends battery into pandora and i'm creating an MMS as I type. Thanks to all, and now I ask,

Will GEN-D make a safe-to-use Pandora Battery?

OKAY, ONCE MORE: In the recovery menu, it said "Making Pandora Battery... Failure!". What!?!?!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs