Hacking Installing b9s (DSiWare Save Injection), except I'm doing an actual system transfer

MightyJAK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm following the instructions from 3ds.guide, but since I'm doing an actual system transfer, can I skip Section IV - Restoring the source 3DS? Or do some of the steps from Section IV still need to be followed to restore b9s functionality on the source 3DS?

More details:
I just bought a used new2DSXL from GameStop (the snazzy PokeBall design), it was formatted when I bought it (no NNID), on Ver. 11.6.0. I want to do a system transfer from my n3DS (with b9s) using DSiWare save injection (with Fieldrunners USA). The n2DSXL did not come with a microSD card, so to transfer the files I want to just take the (32GB) microSD card from the n3DS and install it in the n2DSXL

So to do what I have planned, what steps from 3ds.guide should be skipped or modified?

Additionally: I gave my daughter my old 2DS (which also has b9s). After I do my system transfer from the n3DS to the n2DSXL, I plan on letting my daughter have my old n3DS. Can I just do a regular system transfer (using a fresh microSD card for the n3DS and doing the PC-Based Transfer method) to copy over her games and NNID? Or is there anything special I need to do to retain b9s? Then I plan on letting my son have my daughters old 2DS after this transfer, will the old 2DS still be good to go with b9s?

So to sum up the plan
Currently:

Daughter's 2DS (b9s)
↓transferring to↓
My new3DS (b9s)
↓transferring to (with DSiWare save injection)↓
new2DSXL (stock)

Intended result:

Son's 2DS (b9s)
Daughter's new3DS (b9s)
My new2DSXL (b9s)

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
b9s will not "leave" the source systems. if you intend to keep the transferred NNID on the target system you're free to skip Section IV, as far as I remember it contains nothing else you need to do, just jump along to finalize setup.

Reactions: MightyJAK

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm following the instructions from 3ds.guide, but since I'm doing an actual system transfer, can I skip Section IV - Restoring the source 3DS? Or do some of the steps from Section IV still need to be followed to restore b9s functionality on the source 3DS?

More details:
I just bought a used new2DSXL from GameStop (the snazzy PokeBall design), it was formatted when I bought it (no NNID), on Ver. 11.6.0. I want to do a system transfer from my n3DS (with b9s) using DSiWare save injection (with Fieldrunners USA). The n2DSXL did not come with a microSD card, so to transfer the files I want to just take the (32GB) microSD card from the n3DS and install it in the n2DSXL

So to do what I have planned, what steps from 3ds.guide should be skipped or modified?

Additionally: I gave my daughter my old 2DS (which also has b9s). After I do my system transfer from the n3DS to the n2DSXL, I plan on letting my daughter have my old n3DS. Can I just do a regular system transfer (using a fresh microSD card for the n3DS and doing the PC-Based Transfer method) to copy over her games and NNID? Or is there anything special I need to do to retain b9s? Then I plan on letting my son have my daughters old 2DS after this transfer, will the old 2DS still be good to go with b9s?

So to sum up the plan
Currently:

Daughter's 2DS (b9s)
↓transferring to↓
My new3DS (b9s)
↓transferring to (with DSiWare save injection)↓
new2DSXL (stock)

Intended result:

Son's 2DS (b9s)
Daughter's new3DS (b9s)
My new2DSXL (b9s)
restoring a console will not remove b9s or luma