DReaMoR

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe there is a difference between hekate and sx autoRCM, I'll try then.

But you can use auto RCM from hekate and use SX pro if you want.

Just tested, and when i completly turn off my switch when in sx os cfw mode, it does not turn completly of , but boots in rcm mode...
I turned completely off, and connectly my switch to pc, and it reported rcm detected...

Not good, when i tell it to completely shut off, it should do that, and not reboot into auto rcm mode.

andre1891

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tested different Options - how to turn off Switch on Auto RCM with SX OS.
Shutting Switch of on SX CFW and OFW Heavy Battery Drain (Over 20% in 4 Hours)
Shutting off over SX Boot Menu (Volumen UP and Powered Button to geht into the Menu)- No Battery Drain. Lost 0% in 14 Hours.
Think some other People used this and keep Here Feedback

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tested, and when i completly turn off my switch when in sx os cfw mode, it does not turn completly of , but boots in rcm mode...
I turned completely off, and connectly my switch to pc, and it reported rcm detected...

Not good, when i tell it to completely shut off, it should do that, and not reboot into auto rcm mode.

Your method of testing is flawed. Even if the Switch was completely off you would have observed that behaviour. This is because the Switch will turn on when connected to a power source. You are probably not wrong about it starting RCM mode when turned off though. Try what Andre1891 did.

j00manji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im using SX OS and the dongle. on FW 5.1.0...
I tried to install the autoRCM thing, it said success. I wanted to test it, so after I boot into the CFW I power off the console.

now I thought I would only have to turn it back on and I would be back at the SX OS rcm page and give the option to boot regular or CFW?

I still need to use the dongle ever time the system restarts?

When I pressed the power button it didnt do anything.. kinda freaked me out... I had to insert the dongle and jig to get back and uninstall the dam thing.
Im fairly new to all of this, obviously

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im using SX OS and the dongle. on FW 5.1.0...
I tried to install the autoRCM thing, it said success. I wanted to test it, so after I boot into the CFW I power off the console.

now I thought I would only have to turn it back on and I would be back at the SX OS rcm page and give the option to boot regular or CFW?

I still need to use the dongle ever time the system restarts?

When I pressed the power button it didnt do anything.. kinda freaked me out... I had to insert the dongle and jig to get back and uninstall the dam thing.
Im fairly new to all of this, obviously
AutoRCM means it prevents the Switch from booting normally so as long as it is installed, it will never turn on normally. It can only be used with either the dongle or a USB cable to send a payload to turn it on. The reason the screen stays black is because that is what RCM looks like which is identical to a Switch totally powered off visually.

I really wish TX put some warning labels on some of their features...

Reactions: j00manji

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah hah. Thanks for the kind and fast response.
if you have autorcm and something happened to your switches ability to read the payload from the sd card as it happened to me and a few others, you'd have a bricked switch. Thankfully I didn't use autorcm and even though one of my switches cannot load any payloads it still boots into ofw just fine.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
For some reason, i booted the new hakate payload from sx menu, and when i tried to go to album to view hombrew menu (without even having hombrews) the screen turned black, i thought it bricked, i kept pressing the power button but no vail.
Then i don't know why, but i decide to connect the Pro dongle, and it booted.

So for some reason, that error made my system install autoRCM and restart, because i am sure i pressed the install autoRCM button, not in sx menu or hakate.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AutoRCM means it prevents the Switch from booting normally so as long as it is installed, it will never turn on normally. It can only be used with either the dongle or a USB cable to send a payload to turn it on. The reason the screen stays black is because that is what RCM looks like which is identical to a Switch totally powered off visually.

I really wish TX put some warning labels on some of their features...

Warnings like this?

Attachments

• gbatemp.png
    gbatemp.png
    109.4 KB · Views: 666
Reactions: yadspi

jorgesd

Trophies
XP
Country
East Timor
Just use hekate to turn off the switch if you want to turn it off. PErsonally, can't stand using the jig every time i remove my sd card (dont want to do it when the console is on because that sd card is expensive) and dont want to damage my pins.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use hekate to turn off the switch if you want to turn it off. PErsonally, can't stand using the jig every time i remove my sd card (dont want to do it when the console is on because that sd card is expensive) and dont want to damage my pins.
Was there really a need to revive a 6 month old thread?

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
:v ups. I didn't see the the thread creation date.
I created it can’t believe it’s still going lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if you have autorcm and something happened to your switches ability to read the payload from the sd card as it happened to me and a few others, you'd have a bricked switch. Thankfully I didn't use autorcm and even though one of my switches cannot load any payloads it still boots into ofw just fine.
So technically if you are in auto rcm and your sad reader in switch fails it’s all over bricked switch I ask because I’m in auto rcm and having trouble with the sd reader in switch

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I created it can’t believe it’s still going lol

So technically if you are in auto rcm and your sad reader in switch fails it’s all over bricked switch I ask because I’m in auto rcm and having trouble with the sd reader in switch
there are rare cases of sd reader malfunctions that would prevent you from running payloads so in that case with autorcm on you wouldn't be able to boot into ofw/cfw until you replaced the sd card reader. I think sometimes the sd card reader connector just becomes loose. You could try disconnecting it and reconnecting it again.
what kind of issue are you having?

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
there are rare cases of sd reader malfunctions that would prevent you from running payloads so in that case with autorcm on you wouldn't be able to boot into ofw/cfw until you replaced the sd card reader. I think sometimes the sd card reader connector just becomes loose. You could try disconnecting it and reconnecting it again.
what kind of issue are you having?
Keep getting software closed errors and occasionally tells me to insert sd card it’s the exact same set up as my sons switch from brand of sd card to the xci files and his works flawlessly I’ve ordered a new one online just waiting for it to arrive

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep getting software closed errors and occasionally tells me to insert sd card it’s the exact same set up as my sons switch from brand of sd card to the xci files and his works flawlessly I’ve ordered a new one online just waiting for it to arrive
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-fix-sx-os-boot-dat-error.510109/
this is my thread when I was having an issue. there's probably some info in it that will help you.

ultimately I sent my switch to Nintendo and they replaced the sd card reader.

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop opening pms from @Psionic Roshambo