Hacking Question Installing android to EMMC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qubarf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
So installing android to EMMC should be pretty simple, has anybody tried to do it yet?
If so, please assist.
Please no useless posts like "it's stupid" etc, if you think it is then please just calmly move on :).

Thanks GBAtemp

Techjunky90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would be cool for us people banned by Nintendo to be able to dual boot horizon & android from emmc

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, just use your phone/tablet? There you have your eMMC Android. Really if you want Android exclusively you should have bought a shield.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Well, just use your phone/tablet? There you have your eMMC Android. Really if you want Android exclusively you should have bought a shield.

That’s how I feel about people who want to emulate SNES and GBA on Switch! If you want to play those, just buy the consoles, amirite?

Reactions: polki

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No because is stupid. (Ok I'm joking :P)

It could be done yes, but is very risky for the end user, as it may touch important stuff, and add to that the Android nature of partitioning, so there's always a brickwave of noobs that have zero knowledge regarding this. Trust me, always happens, even when they have noob friendly tutorials, so I see why the developers decided to flash the image in the SD card rather than other options.

legion700

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
You may need to write the image directly to your EMMC,then modifiy the payload.
Or,edit EMMC's partition table,you may find a way to make a partition to write the image then delete the partition table within the image,and modifiy payload.
Just some guess.

Qubarf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Well, we would need a custom hekate fork and way to flash nand (memloader?)

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Touching the Switches NAND would be a very bad idea to do so, given the fact that most ported OSes are quite buggy in this current state.
I'm not saying it's impossible and not feasible to do. Sometime in the future when the switch scene has further matured we might see OS dual booting but with a small 32GB is eMMC everything would run short of storage pretty quick. Not to mention how using something that writes to the NAND could mess up things and turn them haywire.

Reactions: Deleted User

Techjunky90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Touching the Switches NAND would be a very bad idea to do so, given the fact that most ported OSes are quite buggy in this current state.
I'm not saying it's impossible and not feasible to do. Sometime in the future when the switch scene has further matured we might see OS dual booting but with a small 32GB is eMMC everything would run short of storage pretty quick. Not to mention how using something that writes to the NAND could mess up things and turn them haywire.
Nothing would run short of storage.

Reactions: NoNAND

barnhilltrckn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This would be great for us who have upgraded our internal emmc modules. I have a spare 32gb module sitting here that would be great for installing Android on.

KnightRiderX420

The Anigmatic Anomoly
Trophies
Website
www.beyondwindows10.com
XP
Country
United States
now that hekate has a better interface, i have a 128gb msd card and know how to make a emmunand. can 1 sd card be used for both android and cfw horizon with a boot selector for the os? now that i have iptv i wanna use vlc, theres alot of rumors about both but havent still seen any .nro or python development of either. i can use both in lineage os and want a quick switch. i can get an even bigger msd card thats not the issue but atm i have a 128 gb and i know based on latest vids from sandisk they even now have a real 1tb msd card its super expensive but if i got it it wouuld work and i'd be big pimpin... :)

Qubarf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Apparently all you have to change is boot.scr? I personally feel it would be practical but unfortunately lack the technical skills to make it happen maybe Gavin_Darkglider, Bylaws or LangerHans would like to chime in?

Reactions: polonyali
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: