Hacking Installing A9LH first time - problem

andre104623

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm following the a9lh tutorial and I just got done backing up emunand and system nand with OTP helper. I transfered the backups to my PC then was about to do the 2.1 downgrade but I noticed my sysnand is 1,933,912 but my emunand is 1,269,469?! I been running gateway for sometime now on my Japan new 3ds since 3.1 came out and my emu and sys nand always matched were never different. Is this normal? I should add that I started fresh from part one of the tutorial so I wouldn't have any problems

Thanks in advance

andre104623

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

Did you use RedNAND on a N3DS? If so, that's normal as RedNAND uses a min size.
If you're super paranoid, just copy the backup onto your SD and run it through D9's NAND verification tool.

Reactions: astronautlevel

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
I'm on 9.1j and I really don't think my gateway did anything to my sysnand since I used emunand every time and menuhax to boot gateway menu. Let's just forget about the gateway I'm just installing A9LH with a fresh 32gb sd
gateway DOES damage the sysnand. you should do a clean install of 9.2 just to be safe

D

Deleted User

Assuming you're using a redNAND you should be good. In any case, if you're not sure, run the backup through D9's validation (it'll tell you)
OTP Helper will check the validity of your downgrade as well.

PBallWiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm following the a9lh tutorial and I just got done backing up emunand and system nand with OTP helper. I transfered the backups to my PC then was about to do the 2.1 downgrade but I noticed my sysnand is 1,933,912 but my emunand is 1,269,469?! I been running gateway for sometime now on my Japan new 3ds since 3.1 came out and my emu and sys nand always matched were never different. Is this normal? I should add that I started fresh from part one of the tutorial so I wouldn't have any problems

Thanks in advance
Size difference between sysNAND and emuNAND is normal. I'm pretty sure emunand9 backs up redNAND at a minimal size by default.
I just finished my 3rd A9LH and the difference between your emuNAND and sysNAND are exactly what I experienced.
Good Luck!
sysemusize.jpg

Last edited by PBallWiz,

andre104623

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have installed A9LH and all is well. What a bitch that was its a shame gateways method isnt safe and locked to there software I was waiting all this time for there A9 update. Thank you everyone

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If a new update come out say 12.0-x I can just update though setings like I would if it wasn't hacked

Seeing as you installed A9LH, you can just update. It will be a while until we see 12.x though ;) First we will get 11.1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters