Installing a custom system font with SX OS EmuNAND

What you need:

BFTTFutil
hacPack CLI (pick the one for your architecture, not GUI)
Goldleaf
Switch Keys (prod.keys, keys.dat, keys.txt etc)

google all of these things if you are unsure how to find them, I can't help you finding those keys though

put your font TTF and BFTTFutil in the same directory, I'll do it on the desktop here

upload_2019-1-4_16-16-19.png

run this command with cmd opened in the directory:
Code:
BFTTFutil -enc_nx font-name.ttf font-name.bfttf

once you have your BFTTF, create a RomFS directory where you extracted hacPack
also put your prod.keys in your hacPack directory (or whatever your keys file is called)
place your BFTTF in the RomFS folder and rename it to nintendo_udsg-r_std_003.bfttf

upload_2019-1-4_16-31-20.png

upload_2019-1-4_16-31-42.png

open cmd in that directory, run this command:
Code:
hacpack -k prod.keys --plaintext -o "OutputNCA" --type nca --ncatype data --titleid 0100000000000811 --romfsdir "RomFS"

rename your NCA to 3cc0d22757706ac52107f776e09d82ec.nca for 6.2.0, 9d531e818c708b7f24bed6114a80ec59.nca for 6.0.0-6.1.0, 6c1cb9bf75efcd41294ac1d63d2db921.nca for 5.1.0

put the NCA anywhere on your microSD (remember where you put it), launch Goldleaf on your Switch while booted into SX OS EmuNAND, select "Browse system NAND"
in Select NAND partition, select NAND SYSTEM, go to contents, registered, look for the NCA with one of the names above depending on your FW, sometimes it's a folder, sometimes a file, if it's a file press A on it, select copy, go back and select Browse SD card, and press X in any directory you choose, make sure it's not the same directory as where the NCA you created is
if it's a folder go inside that folder and copy the 00 file to your microSD, rename the file to 00.bak any way you wish (i.e. using a PC or NX-Shell) and rename your NCA you created to 00 without any file extension

navigate to the NCA you created, press A, select copy, go back, go to Browse system NAND, select NAND SYSTEM, go back to contents, registered, (into the folder you got your original 00 file from) and press X, confirm the paste, confirm the NAND access warning, you just pasted your custom font into your EmuNAND! Congratulations. reboot and you should be all set! REMEMBER TO KEEP A BACKUP OF YOUR EMUNAND BEFORE PROCEEDING, YOU DON'T WANT TO WAIT 2 HOURS TO MAKE A NEW EMUNAND TRUST ME

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
When I saw the other thread I thought no way I'm not going to patch the font on OFW, but I would be willing to monkey with a emunand.

Thanks for the informative thread.

D

Deleted User

Great method of replacing NCA instead of having to use HacDiskMount.

I don't think those nca's in SYSTEM:/Contents/registered appear as folders in Goldleaf ever, just always files, doesn't seem to be necessary to play around with the 00 files at all as HacDiskMount only makes those nca's appear as folders (or files if ChoiDujourNX was used).

Last edited by ,

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
a question...i want to have a emunand on my sd (wanna change font but dont wanna risk to brick)..i have SXOS and want to have emunand in Hidden Partition.....Does it take 32GB like a nand backup will be?

Goffrier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have done it on my sysnand its working as expected

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

can you add to your thread that its possible to do it on sysnand but there is a risk of brick?

zhlr0903

Trophies
XP
Country
China
What you need:

BFTTFutil
hacPack CLI (pick the one for your architecture, not GUI)
Goldleaf
Switch Keys (prod.keys, keys.dat, keys.txt etc)

google all of these things if you are unsure how to find them, I can't help you finding those keys though

put your font TTF and BFTTFutil in the same directory, I'll do it on the desktop here

View attachment 154203

run this command with cmd opened in the directory:
Code:
BFTTFutil -enc_nx font-name.ttf font-name.bfttf

once you have your BFTTF, create a RomFS directory where you extracted hacPack
also put your prod.keys in your hacPack directory (or whatever your keys file is called)
place your BFTTF in the RomFS folder and rename it to nintendo_udsg-r_std_003.bfttf

View attachment 154204
View attachment 154205

open cmd in that directory, run this command:
Code:
hacpack -k prod.keys --plaintext -o "OutputNCA" --type nca --ncatype data --titleid 0100000000000811 --romfsdir "RomFS"

rename your NCA to 3cc0d22757706ac52107f776e09d82ec.nca for 6.2.0, 9d531e818c708b7f24bed6114a80ec59.nca for 6.0.0-6.1.0, 6c1cb9bf75efcd41294ac1d63d2db921.nca for 5.1.0

put the NCA anywhere on your microSD (remember where you put it), launch Goldleaf on your Switch while booted into SX OS EmuNAND, select "Browse system NAND"
in Select NAND partition, select NAND SYSTEM, go to contents, registered, look for the NCA with one of the names above depending on your FW, sometimes it's a folder, sometimes a file, if it's a file press A on it, select copy, go back and select Browse SD card, and press X in any directory you choose, make sure it's not the same directory as where the NCA you created is
if it's a folder go inside that folder and copy the 00 file to your microSD, rename the file to 00.bak any way you wish (i.e. using a PC or NX-Shell) and rename your NCA you created to 00 without any file extension

navigate to the NCA you created, press A, select copy, go back, go to Browse system NAND, select NAND SYSTEM, go back to contents, registered, (into the folder you got your original 00 file from) and press X, confirm the paste, confirm the NAND access warning, you just pasted your custom font into your EmuNAND! Congratulations. reboot and you should be all set! REMEMBER TO KEEP A BACKUP OF YOUR EMUNAND BEFORE PROCEEDING, YOU DON'T WANT TO WAIT 2 HOURS TO MAKE A NEW EMUNAND TRUST ME

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Onlyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna have to test this spicy little mod out, any foreseeable issues using upgraded nands with this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.