United States
Glad you got it working
biggrin.gif

Kusan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This question may be noob and repeated, but I searched in forums and found nothing.

Is there a way to install CFW WITHOUT:
1- Another PSP?
2- Hardmodding battery?
3- Buying another battery?

I mean, I readed another tutorial and I kind of figured out that using the software that changes battery into pandora battery...I could change it back to normal. The software that is used in such tutorial is Hellcat's Pandora Installer for 3.xx Rev 3a, and at one point, the tutorial says that this program throws these options:

"4. Upon launching the application, take note of these four options:

* Press O to convert battery to Pandora
* Press [] to convert battery to normal
* Press R+O to write battery serial to file
* Press R+[] to restore battery serial"

So I thought that running this software after installing CFW, I could change battery back to normal and blam! CFW without another PSP or hardmodding battery, nor buying a new bat.

My question is, is it possible? I Just bought a PSP Phat and I wanna be 100% sure.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
The program wouldn't run in the first place without a Pandora's battery. Believe me, if there was a way to do it without hardmodding or buying another or using a PSP with CFW you'd know about it.

ediblebird

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kusan said:
This question may be noob and repeated, but I searched in forums and found nothing.

Is there a way to install CFW WITHOUT:
1- Another PSP?
2- Hardmodding battery?
3- Buying another battery?

I mean, I readed another tutorial and I kind of figured out that using the software that changes battery into pandora battery...I could change it back to normal. The software that is used in such tutorial is Hellcat's Pandora Installer for 3.xx Rev 3a, and at one point, the tutorial says that this program throws these options:
myuusmeow answered the question but i thought id detail it a bit further.

The software,hellcats pandora Installer or any other pandora installer for that matter, will only run on a CFW psp.

so this is the run down.

1. without Another PSP?
this was the point of this tutorial, but if you dont use another PSP you need to hardmod the battery and then revert it, or buy another battery.

2. without Hardmodding battery?
To do this you need access to another PSP with a CFW already installed.

3. without Buying another battery?
To do this you would also need access to another PSP with a CFW already installed, or hardmod the battery and then revert it.

you basically have 3 options:
Using another PSP on CFW to install CFW
or hardmodding the battery to install CFW.
or buy a pandora battery.

ChiddaPotta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Icarus said:
hmmm, dosn't look noob friendly at all, the safer way is to buy a psp with the CFW installed already. (which is what i am doing)
Why don't you just buy a Pandora Battery? Then you can easily install custom firmware and you wouldn't have to go through the hardmodding or anything. Modded systems are pretty expensive actually, but if you think you can find one with a good price, go ahead.

This is what I'm doing
smile.gif
Getting mines off DealExtreme.
yaypsp.gif
yaypsp.gif
yaypsp.gif

gokong

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just cant get it to work on my psp slim daxter edition. I got the battery from deal extreme, battery tested and seems to work right. I tried two MS cards 1 and 2 gig. Psp grader succesfully installed pandora files into the cards. I held L before putting the battery in and nothing happens, theres no mem card wifi lights blinking nor screen come on.

official MS card - check
working pandora battery - check
psp grader on xp - check
successful installed on card - check

I need help.

roguetrip

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just looking to see if anyone has had problems using PSP Grader with Datel Tool Battery, I ordered one but now I'm reading it doesn't work with PSP Grader on other sites, I already have my pandora memory stick ready, but waiting on the battery
frown.gif

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To both gokong and roguetrip. Use TotalNewbi to make your MMS.

gokong, if TotalNewbi doesn't work, try the method listed in Legion's guide.

roguetrip, I've heard conflicting reports about PSPGrader and the Datel Tool Battery. Just try it yourself and see, its not a big deal to remake the MMS with another method.

Selxis

Trophies
XP
Country
My Slim battery is made in japan. Should I go for it and hardmod it anyway? I'm really eager to try and get this done.

EDIT: I am now done and it worked, thanks.

The hardest part? Splitting the battery apart.

I have no idea what I can do now and how I, for example load PSX games into it o_o The layout looks like OFW.

Oh and I only have 180mb left after the install. I'll need a new memory stick. If I purchase a new one will I have to do the WHOLE thing over again?

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Selxis, for the things you can do with custom firmware, read some of the older threads in the forum. I think that reading Legion's guide will also help you (refer to the other sticky). You won't need to do it over after buying a new memory stick because the firmware is stored internally on the PSP itself. The memory stick held the firmware to flash the PSP, after it is done, it's no longer needed (unless you want to do it again later).

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So all I need to play backups is a PSP (new ones), this and sometime?

Icarus said:
hmmm, dosn't look noob friendly at all, the safer way is to buy a psp with the CFW installed already. (which is what i am doing)
Why don't you just buy a Pandora Battery? Then you can easily install custom firmware and you wouldn't have to go through the hardmodding or anything. Modded systems are pretty expensive actually, but if you think you can find one with a good price, go ahead.
It doesn't matter to him, he'll pay $50 for a hour of doing something easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.