Hacking Installed Bootmii as IOS!?

ninpo5537

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please excuse the Noob question...

New to hacking, Jumped in head first without reading enough on it, and have installed Bootmii as IOS, everything working perfectly, I do remember I had an option to install as Boot2 also, but it didnt have an uninstall like IOS, so went for IOS instead.
Reading this forum it looks like I cant recover from a brick without having it as boot2, what are my options, can i change it somehow to boot2?

I regularly install wads, so maybe should i stop doing this? (if this could brick my wii...)

Many thanks in advance.

ninpo5537

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for your replies, so if i go back through the same procedure and use bannerbomb to run hackmii installer and just install bootmii as boot2 only then it will work? do i need to uninstall bootmii as IOS first?

ninpo5537

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cheers matey
wink.gif

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
You don't need to use banner bomb to run the installer. Just chuck it in a folder in apps on your SD card and run it from the homebrew channel.

zero66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i installed as ios too but when i go back into install it says the installed boot1 version prevents a boot2 install(-2). what can i do?

zero66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i have priiloader installed also. tried to follow guide to a T. so if it gets bricked i can still get into priiloader and fix the wii?

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
zero66 said:
i installed as ios too but when i go back into install it says the installed boot1 version prevents a boot2 install(-2). what can i do?

You must have a newer Wii which prevents bootmii to install as boot2. There's nothing you can do to get around that.

ninpo5537

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks guys it has installed bootmii as boot2 , now do i need to copy the newly created bootmii folder onto the SD (new) to replace the previously created bootmii folder from the bootmii as ISO installation?

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your system will still boot. lol No seriously just turn the system off then on and leave the bootmii folder on the SD card as is. it should then boot into bootmii when you turn the system on. if it doesn't try a different SD card. If it still doesn't load make sure your setting in the ini file are set with an autoboot delay >0.

shaq486

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hi guys, maybe someone help me understand what is going on. I was installed bootmi as IOS. I was aware that the installation is not brick proof and I was rerunning again the hack and try to install bootmii as boot2. Surprise ! I do not have that option. Only Uninstall IOS (because I already installed) and prepare the SD card wich I already run it once. My question is...How the heck I install bootmii as boot2 since I do not have that option? My Wii si at software version 3.3E and he never has bean updated, only hacked. The serial on my Wii is LEF11+ Thank you for future reply's.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shaq486 said:
Hi guys, maybe someone help me understand what is going on. I was installed bootmi as IOS. I was aware that the installation is not brick proof and I was reruning again the hack and try to install bootmii as boot2. Surprise ! I do not have that option. Only Uninstal IOS (because I already installed) abd prepare the SD care wich I already run it once. My question is...How the heck I install bootmii as boot2 sice I do not have that option? My Wii si at software version 3.3E and he never has bean updated only hacked. The serial on my Wii is LEF11+ Thank you for future reply's.

As my post right above yours says, Wii's bought after mid 2008 have the boot1 vulnerability fixed so no Wii's from after then can ever install bootmii to boot2 no matter what. If the hackmii installer tells you something like installed boot1 prevents installation to boot2 or something of the sort under bootmii instead of "can be installed" like the HBC and dvdx, then that's that. You're not installing bootmii to boot2 and preloader/priiloader is your best brick protection option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol