XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
No, this is explained as well by doing what I suggested, lol.

The modmii wizard will update and overwrite any conflicting/existing mods, to make sure u are running the latest. Do not try to uninstall anything, always overwrite (at least until u learn enough to know exactly what u r doing)

Modmii also has a feature to help u update just what's outdated, for this u just run syscheck on your wii, and feed its csv log to modmii (drag and drop on modmii.exe or modmiiskin.exe or a shortcut to them), and it will analyze it, and tell u if everything looks up to date, and if it doesn't, it will generate a custom guide for u based on what's currently installed on the console

DaveSmith99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The modmii wizard will update and overwrite any conflicting/existing mods, to make sure u are running the latest. Do not try to uninstall anything, always overwrite (at least until u learn enough to know exactly what u r doing)

Modmii also has a feature to help u update just what's outdated, for this u just run syscheck on your wii, and feed its csv log to modmii (drag and drop on modmii.exe or modmiiskin.exe or a shortcut to them), and it will analyze it, and tell u if everything looks up to date, and if it doesn't, it will generate a custom guide for u based on what's currently installed on the console

Cool, I will spend some time with that while I'm waiting for my drive. I suspect had I found these forums prior to my first attempts at this, I probably wouldnt have failed. Kiddos are riding me about getting their wii back but they've trashed most of the CDs

DaveSmith99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Got an error running modmii:; "Content #6 (Content ID: 0x00000005; Index 0x005) Hashes do not match! The content might be corrupted"

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
for your purpose just use the default "COPY_TO_SD" setting for now and copy over later. And jeez how small is your SD Card? you'll need over 500MB to make a nand backup, and modmii won't use up anything close to that

U can do most things without an SD card btw by using str2hax as your exploit

Reactions: Alexander1970

DaveSmith99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for your purpose just use the default "COPY_TO_SD" setting for now and copy over later. And jeez how small is your SD Card? you'll need over 500MB to make a nand backup, and modmii won't use up anything close to that

U can do most things without an SD card btw by using str2hax as your exploit

upload_2021-3-2_14-17-29.png

Did a little better this time, but still errored out

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You could proceed without that file and use a different exploit in place of wilbrand, like str2hax

If u retry does it still fail? I'm assuming u entered a Mac address and didn't enter "s" to skip right? Can u check if wilbrand is in your modmii temp folder?
Edit: wilbrand will report as failed if it didn't construct the exploit properly, but it could be because wilbrand didn't download or it failed when trying to build the mailbox bomb using your Mac address

Last edited by XFlak,

DaveSmith99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could proceed without that file and use a different exploit in place of wilbrand, like str2hax

If u retry does it still fail? I'm assuming u entered a Mac address and didn't enter "s" to skip right? Can u check if wilbrand is in your modmii temp folder?

there's a wiibrand.exe in my temp folder.
Yes, I retried and it failed
Yes, I entered my mac addresss
so should I start the process over and use str2hax

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Are u able to get a screenshot of it trying that download?
control+c Will interrupt/pause the script

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do u mind sharing the Mac address and region u entered? Pm me if u aren't comfortable sharing Mac address publicly, but really there's nothing to fear

Edit: no you have your guide and all the files u need, just wilbrand is missing, u can use str2hax without anything extra, just click the str2hax button next to wilbrand to see the steps required for that. Or u could repeat the process and enter "s" to skip entering your Mac address and everything should be working for u. That all being said, I'd really appreciate it if you could also help me troubleshoot this issue to prevent it from potentially happening to others. IIRC the command to build wilbrand also uses the date pulled from your windows... One sec...

Last edited by XFlak,

DaveSmith99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are u able to get a screenshot of it trying that download?
control+c Will interrupt/pause the script

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do u mind sharing the Mac address and region u entered? Pm me if u aren't comfortable sharing Mac address publicly, but really there's nothing to fear

upload_2021-3-2_14-28-19.png

set VIRGIN=Y
set REGION=U
set FIRMSTART=4.3
set FIRM=4.3
set PIC=Y
set NET=Y
set WEATHER=Y
set NEWS=Y
set MIIQ=Y
set Shop=Y
set Speak=Y
set HMInstaller=
set yawmQ=
set IOS236InstallerQ=
set PRIQ=
set ThemeSelection=BL
set EXPLOIT=W
set MORE=A
set ADVANCED=
set UpdatesIOSQ=Y
set RECCIOS=
set USBGUIDE=Y
set UPAGE1=
set LOADER=GX
set USBCONFIG=USB

MAC: 00191df20d32

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
try replacing this line:
Code:
temp\wilbrand.exe %macaddress% %Month%/%day%/%year% 4.3%REGION% "%Drive%">temp\temp.txt

with this:

Code:
echo temp\wilbrand.exe %macaddress% %Month%/%day%/%year% 4.3%REGION% "%Drive%"
temp\wilbrand.exe %macaddress% %Month%/%day%/%year% 4.3%REGION% "%Drive%">temp\temp.txt
start temp\temp.txt
pause

save and test while I try to replicate the problem

DaveSmith99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try replacing this line:
Code:

with this:

Code:
echo temp\wilbrand.exe %macaddress% %Month%/%day%/%year% 4.3%REGION% "%Drive%"
start temp\temp.txt
pause

save and test while I try to replicate the problem

which bat file?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
support\modmii.bat

edit: working for me using your mac address and same selections.

Can you try selecting the default "COPY_TO_SD" and see if that makes a difference for some reason?

you can also try changing "chcp 65001>nul" to "chcp 437>nul"?

Last edited by XFlak,

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
please try changing this:
Code:
::echo %macaddress%
to this:
Code:
echo %macaddress%
pause

edit: can u confirm where u have ModMii installed? C:\ModMii? Problem persists if run as admin?

edit2: if it's easier to test just downloading this 1 file, you can go to the main menu, then enter "2" , then "wb", then your mac and region, then it should look something like this but with your mac address.
Untitled.png
then enter "d", etc. and at least this way your not watching modmii verify 50 files before getting to Wilbrand

Last edited by XFlak,

DaveSmith99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please try changing this:
Code:
::echo %macaddress%
to this:
Code:
echo %macaddress%
pause

edit: can u confirm where u have ModMii installed? C:\ModMii? Problem persists if run as admin?

It didn't pause there, macaddress still not set

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
see both of my edits above please, also try from download page 2

edit: and stay tuned because I edit my posts often and frequently ;)

sounds like the problem is when you are entering your mac address and not later on when doing the actual downloading. Does it say validating mac address after you enter it? Can you try to get a screenshot of any strange activity happening right after entering in the mac address?

Last edited by XFlak,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0