Homebrew Installation Map Entry 251Entry Fails

DaveSmith99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you look at my screenshot of download page 2, when u get to the same spot, do you see your MAC address listed there or is it blank?

that installation directory look OK, are you using the default setting for COPY_TO_SD?

No, I entered E: for my SD location
macaddress is not displaying
I've been rerunning from the wizard_serttings.bat file also, is that macaddress supposed to be in there? because it's not
doesn't work from c:\modmii either

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
can u try without using the wizard_settings.bat? that functionality.... may have been overlooked. If your mac address isn't being captured via download page 2 then this probably doesn't have anything to do with that though

E: should be working, but can you try default COPY_TO_SD just to rule that out?

edit: I'm curious if u try using the 6.5.1 zip if you have the same problem. 6.5.1 was stable for 2 years without people reporting anything like this. So I'm curious if something that changed in the recent update broke things, or if it's coincidence and you wouldn't have this same issue with 6.5.1 anyway

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: Alexander1970

DaveSmith99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can u try without using the wizard_settings.bat? that functionality.... may have been overlooked. If your mac address isn't being captured via download page 2 then this probably doesn't have anything to do with that though

E: should be working, but can you try default COPY_TO_SD just to rule that out?

It worked on the download page, and displayed my mac

DaveSmith99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, I just did that now, and it works, that means the issue is caused by reloading the wizard bat file, that's the only difference

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yes, I just did that now, and it works, that means the issue is caused by reloading the wizard bat file, that's the only difference

I think I'm going to redo this again and not use wilbrand

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I should really just remove that feature... for now I'll fix it ;)

thanks for reporting and troubleshooting this with me

if you'd like to fix saving future wizard settings before waiting for the next update, you can just find this line in ModMii.bat
Code:
echo set USBCONFIG=%USBCONFIG%>> Wizard_Settings.bat

and add a line under it like so
Code:
echo set macaddress=%macaddress%>> Wizard_Settings.bat

edit: you should just select "?" for all exploits and decide later, then if you want to you can read about all the different exploits in your custom guide!

Reactions: Alexander1970

DaveSmith99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should really just remove that feature... for now I'll fix it ;)

thanks for reporting and troubleshooting this with me

if you'd like to fix saving future wizard settings before waiting for the next update, you can just find this line in ModMii.bat
Code:

and add a line under it like so
Code:
echo set macaddress=%macaddress%>> Wizard_Settings.bat

edit: you should just select "?" for all exploits and decide later, then if you want to you can read about all the different exploits in your custom guide!

That's actually what I figured was missing, I was gonna try that myself ;-)

DaveSmith99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I haven't been climbing all that great still, because I've tried 5 different usb drives and none work. All just go black screen than back to home brew. I figured I could at least find something that would load from a usb stick, but I haven't, my usb hdd get's here tomorrow, but I'm not sure it will work either, I couldn't find it on your approved list. I might have to get another one, LOL!

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Small thumb drives generally have shit compatibility, but you can make that compatibility slightly less shitty by formatting at WBFS format. This means that the drive cannot be used to store anything except wii games (unless it's got 2 partitions) so you would need to have the loader app itself saved to an SD card. If a drive is formatted as WBFS (using wii backup managers tools or options) it can be read by the application, but Windows itself won't be able to, and will bug you to format it every time you plug it in.

TLDR, if you really want to try to get one of your thumb drives working, you can try formatting it as wbfs using wii backup manager.

DaveSmith99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small thumb drives generally have shit compatibility, but you can make that compatibility slightly less shitty by formatting at WBFS format. This means that the drive cannot be used to store anything except wii games (unless it's got 2 partitions) so you would need to have the loader app itself saved to an SD card. If a drive is formatted as WBFS (using wii backup managers tools or options) it can be read by the application, but Windows itself won't be able to, and will bug you to format it every time you plug it in.

TLDR, if you really want to try to get one of your thumb drives working, you can try formatting it as wbfs using wii backup manager.

Ok, I figured out what I did wrong, even using a usb drive (my hard drive hasn't arrived yet)

I read some bad documentation which basically stated this layout for the usb drive:

(INCORRECT file name convention)
\wbfs\Gamename [GAMEID]\[GAMEID].wbfs

This file layout template is incorrect and causes the usb loader gx to display a black screen and then return to home brew menu. No errors displayed no reasoning behind the return to menu. For those reading this that made the same mistake as I did should know that the proper file naming layout is as follows.

(CORRECT file name convention)
\wbfs\Gamename [GAMEID]\GAMEID.wbfs

Example:
\wbfs\Wii Sports [RSPE01]\RSPE01.wbfs

I discovered the errors in my interpretation of bad documentation by reading through the ModMii_Wizard_Guide.html which is produced when you're setting up your sd card with modmii.

Last edited by DaveSmith99,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs