1. DaveSmith99

OP DaveSmith99 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    No, I entered E: for my SD location
    macaddress is not displaying
    I've been rerunning from the wizard_serttings.bat file also, is that macaddress supposed to be in there? because it's not
    doesn't work from c:\modmii either

2. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Cyprus
    can u try without using the wizard_settings.bat? that functionality.... may have been overlooked. If your mac address isn't being captured via download page 2 then this probably doesn't have anything to do with that though

E: should be working, but can you try default COPY_TO_SD just to rule that out?

edit: I'm curious if u try using the 6.5.1 zip if you have the same problem. 6.5.1 was stable for 2 years without people reporting anything like this. So I'm curious if something that changed in the recent update broke things, or if it's coincidence and you wouldn't have this same issue with 6.5.1 anyway

Last edited by XFlak, Mar 2, 2021
    alexander1970 likes this.
  3. DaveSmith99

OP DaveSmith99 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    It worked on the download page, and displayed my mac

4. XFlak

Cyprus
    then that changes everything! Have u tried from the wizard without loading previous settings?

edit: this is what I'll test now

5. DaveSmith99

OP DaveSmith99 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    yes, I just did that now, and it works, that means the issue is caused by reloading the wizard bat file, that's the only difference

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I think I'm going to redo this again and not use wilbrand

alexander1970 and XFlak like this.
  6. XFlak

Cyprus
    I should really just remove that feature... for now I'll fix it ;)

thanks for reporting and troubleshooting this with me

if you'd like to fix saving future wizard settings before waiting for the next update, you can just find this line in ModMii.bat
    Code:
    echo set USBCONFIG=%USBCONFIG%>> Wizard_Settings.bat
    and add a line under it like so
    Code:
    echo set USBCONFIG=%USBCONFIG%>> Wizard_Settings.bat
    echo set macaddress=%macaddress%>> Wizard_Settings.bat
    edit: you should just select "?" for all exploits and decide later, then if you want to you can read about all the different exploits in your custom guide!

7. DaveSmith99

OP DaveSmith99 Member
    Newcomer

United States

That's actually what I figured was missing, I was gonna try that myself ;-)

alexander1970 and XFlak like this.
  8. XFlak

Cyprus
    I can already tell you know you're going to climb that learning curve really fast my friend

9. DaveSmith99

OP DaveSmith99 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Well, I haven't been climbing all that great still, because I've tried 5 different usb drives and none work. All just go black screen than back to home brew. I figured I could at least find something that would load from a usb stick, but I haven't, my usb hdd get's here tomorrow, but I'm not sure it will work either, I couldn't find it on your approved list. I might have to get another one, LOL!

10. XFlak

Cyprus
    Small thumb drives generally have shit compatibility, but you can make that compatibility slightly less shitty by formatting at WBFS format. This means that the drive cannot be used to store anything except wii games (unless it's got 2 partitions) so you would need to have the loader app itself saved to an SD card. If a drive is formatted as WBFS (using wii backup managers tools or options) it can be read by the application, but Windows itself won't be able to, and will bug you to format it every time you plug it in.

TLDR, if you really want to try to get one of your thumb drives working, you can try formatting it as wbfs using wii backup manager.

11. DaveSmith99

OP DaveSmith99 Member
    Newcomer

United States

Ok, I figured out what I did wrong, even using a usb drive (my hard drive hasn't arrived yet)

I read some bad documentation which basically stated this layout for the usb drive:

(INCORRECT file name convention)
    \wbfs\Gamename [GAMEID]\[GAMEID].wbfs

This file layout template is incorrect and causes the usb loader gx to display a black screen and then return to home brew menu. No errors displayed no reasoning behind the return to menu. For those reading this that made the same mistake as I did should know that the proper file naming layout is as follows.

(CORRECT file name convention)
    \wbfs\Gamename [GAMEID]\GAMEID.wbfs

Example:
    \wbfs\Wii Sports [RSPE01]\RSPE01.wbfs

I discovered the errors in my interpretation of bad documentation by reading through the ModMii_Wizard_Guide.html which is produced when you're setting up your sd card with modmii.

Last edited by DaveSmith99, Mar 3, 2021
    XFlak and alexander1970 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Installation, 251Entry, Entry