Install VC games on SD Card

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Encore, Feb 7, 2010.

Feb 7, 2010

Install VC games on SD Card by Encore at 4:31 PM (1,038 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Encore
    OP

Newcomer Encore Newbie

United States
    Hello.

I would like to know if it's possible to install VC games directly on a SD card, without installing it on the Wii itself first and then copy it to the SD Card. I know you can use Wad Manager to install the wads (VC games) on the Wii, but I can't figure out how to install them directly on my SD card. The reason I don't want to install the wads on my Wii is that I don't feel like bricking it when I try to install a "bad" wad.

Currently I installed them on a backup USB nand and play them using Triiforce. However, I rather play them from my SD Card so that they show up as channels. Looks tidier that way. [​IMG]

Thanks in advance for your answer.

2. icyrainz

Newcomer icyrainz Advanced Member

Singapore
    I think you should use the Triiforce. It will emulates the NAND so that the VC games can be installed on the emulated NAND.

3. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    He already does that, did you read the entire post?
    How about NAND Emulation using SNEEK? If you have bootmii installed it basically boots your wii from the emulated NAND directly, so for example the SD System menu would run instead of the one on the Wii itself.

4. Encore
    OP

Newcomer Encore Newbie

United States
    Hmmm, interesting. I should look into this one. Thanks a lot! [​IMG]

However, I'm still interested to know if it's possible to install a wad directly on a SD card.

5. Skater4599

Member Skater4599 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I do the same thing and run wiiware off of my SD card as well, I have yet to find a way to install it directly to the SD card, im sure its possible to do but i doubt if it happens, simply cause its not necessary and probably isnt worth the time of the devs