Hacking Install NVRAM on 2DS?

vinhdt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to install NVRAM on 2DS via Gateway menu? I saw the option when I boot to Gateway menu but don't want to brick my 2DS. I wanted to install so I can have the profile exploit on the 2DS instead of doing the browser exploit every time.

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Well, technically yes, but you cant boot gateway with it. You CAN instsll the mset.cia 4.5 system settings application, and you CAN install NVRAM, but you cant use it to launch launcher.dat. The gateway launcher doesnt accept something about the old 3ds (and 2ds) using mset on firmware above 4.5.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Using the NVRAM menu shouldn't brick the 2DS. However currently Gateway's launcher is only setup for n3DS when launched from MSET on a 5.x or higher firmware. (lowest available firmware for a 2DS is 6.x I believe)

So even if you downgrade System Settings, nothing useful can be loaded from the DS Profile Exploit because no one has written ROP for it yet. It's possible to use MSET on newer firmwares to execute the newer exploits like memchunkhax and firmlaunchhax, but currently only Gateway has made anything and right now that's n3DS exclusive.

vinhdt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The other options I hope one day it will work with Paste CFW on 2DS. Currently, it stated that it will only work with old 3DS with less than 4.5 firmware. It will be nice to have Paste CFW work on 2DS so we don't have to use either CN cart, GW cart or any cart at all.

I can get Paste CFW to work with CubicNinja cart but hope one day it will work without CN cart. (wishful thinking but I think it's not going to happen because 2DS never came with firmware 4.5 or lower)

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The other options I hope one day it will work with Paste CFW on 2DS. Currently, it stated that it will only work with old 3DS with less than 4.5 firmware. It will be nice to have Paste CFW work on 2DS so we don't have to use either CN cart, GW cart or any cart at all.

I can get Paste CFW to work with CubicNinja cart but hope one day it will work without CN cart. (wishful thinking but I think it's not going to happen because 2DS never came with firmware 4.5 or lower)

pasta works up to 9.2 on all 3ds's (even 2ds)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@