Install game updates

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by pustal, Sep 5, 2018.

1. pustal
    OP

pustal Koalafied member.

Jul 19, 2011
    Portugal
    The Matrix
    Hi guys, I was wondering if there is a way to get and install game updates in 5.05, both for legit and backup games. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Vahnyyz

Vahnyyz GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2007
    United States
    Branford Fl
    I know for legit you can use orbis and that should allow you to get "most" updates without too much hassle... regarding backups I wish I had an answer, but hopefully someone better than me can answer your question!!

also I think there's a redx website or something for updating legit games when you're on 5.05 that you just download and merge using moddedwarefare's app to merge the pkgs

pustal likes this.
  3. ravihpa

ravihpa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 11, 2007
    India
    Well, for backups, you should be able to get the fpkg updates from there itself, as in where you got the backup PKG from.

So far, the only source of getting updates for backups (fpkg games) is the person who dumped the game. Since he has the original disc, he can install legit updates and then dump the game AND the update along with it.

4. ravihpa

Apr 11, 2007
    India
    Well, for backups, you should be able to get the fpkg updates from there itself, as in where you got the backup PKG from.

So far, the only source of getting updates for backups (fpkg games) is the person who dumped the game. Since he has the original disc, he can install legit updates and then dump the game AND the update along with it.

5. ravihpa

Apr 11, 2007
    India

6. Vahnyyz

Vahnyyz GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2007
    United States
    Branford Fl
    hey, that's awesome info. I never assumed that the game someone were to install via "FPKGs" would be tagged by that specific disk so those specific updates would have to be installed. That makes the scene more... interesting lol. Well best of luck to anyone trying to get updates for their games, hopefully they keep a record of who they're downloading from. Unless there's a way to know which disk is the one you've got and there's a way to contact them using that.

7. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I really don't think he meant that there are personal updates for each game? That would be.. odd.

Vahnyyz and KiiWii like this.
  8. Vahnyyz

Vahnyyz GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2007
    United States
    Branford Fl
    oh lol, well then I just showed my noob. sorry! in my country instead of birds and the bees we have the goats and the weasels.

(I'm from NJ in case the joke wasn't funny)

Thank you for the clarification, but I really don't know how the fpkg works.

9. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    No, no need to be sorry. I have no evidence to back that claim up in any way. Just a guess from my side. ;-)
    It's more the opposite way. Yesterday I tried to install the 1.21 update on Nioh, the file was download from a different source than the game, and it gave me an error.

I don't know the cause of this and to be honest it was the first time I tried to update a game. Sadly I gave up and so I switched to the complete PC version.
    Those damn updates. Kingdom Hearts has issues with the fps on 1.00 and Nioh did get a million of new stuff and even 2 complete new weapons with the new update. PS4 hacking is still in its kids shoes for us dummys, so it seems.

Vahnyyz likes this.
  10. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    @Bimmel the error and the only “personal” individuality to fake pkg updates are the package digest, that’s why they need remarrying if the game and patch come from separated sources, regardless of version and tools used.

FYI the AIO guide has a section of making FPKGs and remarrying.

Last edited by KiiWii, Sep 7, 2018
    Vahnyyz and godreborn like this.
  11. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    yeah, the issue with updates and games happens even if using the same system. the install of a pkg will error right at the end of the install pkg. the pkg will be installed, but I'm not sure if the game will work after that. remarrying the update will fix this. just override the original, installed pkg. :) I tested this with tales of zestiria.

KiiWii likes this.