Hardware Inside a Nyko Power Pak+

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
OP
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Inside a Nyko Power Pak+

There are 2 batteries inside the Nyko Power Pak+, one slightly smaller and fatter than the official nintendo battery. The other one is as wide as the base but is very flat. The batteries are connected in parallel. The shell is friction sealed, which leaves gaps that you can use to pry it open.

IMG_150757b.jpg

IMG_150758b.jpg

IMG_150759b.jpg

IMG_150764b.jpg

IMG_150765b.jpg

I ordered some powermat recievers that were on sale, hopefully it will fit inside the Nyko Power Pak+. That way I can skip the Nyko recharging base all together.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
That's pretty interesting. Sucks that they used the friction sealed shell. I hate that (had a few run-ins with them myself). You have to basically break it open and there's no elegant way to put it back together
nyanya.gif
Stupid shells
angry.gif
I know it's cheaper and they didn't expect people to open the thing (they should have), but still.

I love the powermat idea. Let us know how it goes.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing the reason it's just the two and not three or more is because if you put 3 or more in it probably heats up and has a chance of exploding. Two is probably the safe limit.

aiRWaLKRe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I take it the weight of it is pretty equaled out and one side is not heavier than the other? It would be annoying to me if one side was significantly heavier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?