Hacking Insanely long save times for AK2

OzModChips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,
How is your Acekard 2 going with save games?

I haven't had time to play DS games much lately, but my partner has been bitching to me that Animal Crossing was takes ages to save the game.
I didn't take much notice.

Today we got back our first faulty AceKard, he had 5 week of perfect results, which has been better than any other card we have stocked.

The card had a hardware fault, so I grabbed another to send back to the customer. The customer left the micro sd card we sold to them in there, so i tested out the new card. They had 1 Rom on there.

"2129 - Pro evolution soccer 2008"
I entered the game and game sat there for about 40~50 seconds saying 'saving'. Not the acekard...the actual game.
Once it loaded, i deleted the save, and tried it again with the R4, M3 Real, and cycloDS
all created a save within 2~3 seconds.

The micro sd cards we sell are Kingstons, (ordered from Kingston themselves, so no, they are not fake). Made is Japan as well....

Anyone else having issue with long save times?
Someone care to try that ROM # with a sandisk card or whatever you are using?

shinset

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
YES I found AK2 slow to save with some games like geometry wars (USA) (no pb on my R4,M3R,EDGE with the same card)

Maybe AK2 is picky with type of TF (see the thread about TWEWY some people can/can't play the game depending TF)

and another bug with

Number and name of the rom: 2042 - Space Invaders Extreme (J)
AK2 menu version :4.07a10

Type of problem : Gameplay

What happened: slowdown, bug (flickering) in top screen

type of your TF card: transcend 2Gb

Comments: no problem with same TF card on other linker like M3real ,R4, Edge

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When i updated my firmware from bliss' 4.0.7.k05 to 4.0.7.k07 harvest moon ds took alot longer to save, before i updated it took a second to save now it takes about 10 seconds. But I'll test this later since im not sure if it was the firmware.

Btw 4.0.7.k08 is out

EDiT: Updated to bliss' k08 and i have instant saves now with the same game.

kikoexe

Trophies
XP
Country
i also experienced this in FFCC:ROF, Castlevania POR and TWEWY.. I was using a 4GB Kingston Micro SDHC then.. but i switched to Transcend 4GB Class 6 Micro SDHC and those games now save almost instantly.. btw, im using the official a12 firmware..
wink.gif

will try the k08 firmware later..
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop trying to make on my cakes