Input Lag Problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jameslieb1, Nov 24, 2012.

Nov 24, 2012

Input Lag Problem by jameslieb1 at 1:34 AM (815 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. jameslieb1
    OP

Newcomer jameslieb1 Member

United States
    I am having a problem with input lag on my softmodded Wii. There is a little bit of added input lag in any game I play compared to before I softmodded the Wii. Not only Wii disc games, but also Wii backups, VC game, GCN disc games, etc. In an attempt to get rid of the lag I disabled all the Priiloader mods, and this may have reduced the lag a tiny bit but it is nonetheless still there. Here are my specs:

Homebrew 1.08
    IOS58 v24.32

Apps:
    -Mult-Mod Manager 13.4
    -WiiFlow
    -FCE Ultra GX
    -IOS236 Installer v5 MOD
    -Priiloader 236 Mod
    -Simple IOS Patcher 1.14
    -HackMii_Installer

Transcend 2GB SD Card
    Samsung M2 500GB HDD External Hard Drive

2. CheatFreak47

Member CheatFreak47 Complex Donut

United States
    Probably your TV. Try different ones, or different video input ports. Are you using composite or component? Also, what game are you seeing this lag in? It may be the game. Do you have tons of crap in the Wii Message Board? I remember hearing of something like that happening to people with lots of Pictures and Messages in their Message Board. (Not sure how true that is though) Try removing any IOS stubs you have with Multi-Mod-Manager. What cIOS are you using (I assume d2x v8 final, as it is standard with ModMii) I honestly think it's your TV, though.

3. jameslieb1
    OP

Newcomer jameslieb1 Member

United States
    Not the TV. I'm playing on an CRT SDTV, it has no lag and I've never had any problems with it before I softmodded.

I'll try the other things you said.

4. CheatFreak47

United States
    SDTV? So are you displaying in component or composite? Again, what game did you notice it for? I have a ton, if it is the game, i'll check for myself.

5. CheatFreak47

United States
    I honestly don't think the softmod did it. How much do you have on your System Memory? If it's full, i suppose that could effect things... maybe. It's hard to tell. Run Syscheck, post the results, just in case your IOS are out of date or something. :/ I've modded 9+ Wiis with ModMii, and never had an issue with "global" input lag come out of it. If none of the above works, try uninstalling Priiloader, and then reinstalling it.

6. Disorarara

Member Disorarara GBAtemp Fan

Sometimes third party controllers can lag, it's nothing to do with any television you're using. What controller are you using?