Injecting FBI into RedNAND

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ProfessorPlum, Mar 17, 2017.

1. ProfessorPlum
    OP

ProfessorPlum Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2017
    I'm very much a noob to all of this stuff, but I found the following guide last night and started trying to put Luma on my old 3DS

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...s-full-menuhax-rednand-autoboot-setup.432499/

The trouble is, I didn't realise that it had been labelled as probably out of date (I was tired and stuff haha). As a result, I've done everything correctly in this guide up to the Injecting FBI into RedNAND section. I can't do this section because Decrypt9 won't boot from the homebrew menu, which I think is due to it not being able to get permissions past 9.2 when the guide obviously caused me to upgrade to Emu 11.something.

Can anyone help me get the Injecting FBI into RedNAND section to work? Please try to be noob friendly haha :P

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
  3. jupitteer

jupitteer idk what i'm doing

Feb 17, 2017
    Antarctica
    Subcon
  4. ProfessorPlum
    OP

ProfessorPlum Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2017
    So people have said, but how would I go about undoing what I've already done so that I can follow that instead?

5. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    You just keep a clean NAND backup (which the tools in the guide will automatically make NAND backup if you have space.) You can use decrypt9 to flash that NAND backup to the system.
    Or you can use SafeA9LHInstaller to remove A9LH
    I heavily suggest reading a head in the guide to make sure you know all of the possible issues and their means of troubleshooting them.