Hacking Injecting Cheats

SolsticeTheEspeon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been looking into getting a cyclo ds cart and lameboy to play gb and gbc games on my ds, but I've heard that lameboy doesn't use cheats. I've also heard that you can inject the games with cheats, but I don't know how to do that. Can anyone tell me how to inject cheats?

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone is selling a cycloDS right now (on the forum) for $12 shipped in the USA. Be quick and get it. Injecting cheats simply means selecting cheats, before starting a game. "Injecting" makes it sound more complex, but it means nothing more than selecting your cheats, and starting the game. B-)

SolsticeTheEspeon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Someone is selling a cycloDS right now (on the forum) for $12 shipped in the USA. Be quick and get it. Injecting cheats simply means selecting cheats, before starting a game. "Injecting" makes it sound more complex, but it means nothing more than selecting your cheats, and starting the game. B-)
How do you select them? Sorry I'm so noob but I'm new at this kinda stuff XD And I live in Canada so yea.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Selecting "games" at the main menu, highlight the game you want to apply cheats to, and press the "Y" button.
2) A sub-menu will pop up on the lower screen. Highlight "Enable Cheats" and press the "A" button.
3) A new screen is provided with all cheats available for the game. Either use the d-pad with "A" button, or the stylus, to select the cheats you want to "inject".
4) Once you're finished selecting cheats press the "B" button, which re-directs you back to screen you started at (the screen where you initially highlighted the game)
5) Simply press the "A" button to start the game.
6) Your now playing the game with cheats!
The next time, and every time there after, all the cheats you just applied using this tutorial will be available. In other words, you only need to do this procedure once per game, unless of course, you want to reduce or add cheats.
Download "DS Scene ROM Tool" for the full cycloDS cheats package. The cycloDS doesn't use usrcheat.dat, it uses "user.evocheats" and that file goes into the "CycloDS" folder. Do you understand?

Foe GBC cheats it's more complicated:

SolsticeTheEspeon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1) Selecting "games" at the main menu, highlight the game you want to apply cheats to, and press the "Y" button.
2) A sub-menu will pop up on the lower screen. Highlight "Enable Cheats" and press the "A" button.
3) A new screen is provided with all cheats available for the game. Either use the d-pad with "A" button, or the stylus, to select the cheats you want to "inject".
4) Once you're finished selecting cheats press the "B" button, which re-directs you back to screen you started at (the screen where you initially highlighted the game)
5) Simply press the "A" button to start the game.
6) Your now playing the game with cheats!
The next time, and every time there after, all the cheats you just applied using this tutorial will be available. In other words, you only need to do this procedure once per game, unless of course, you want to reduce or add cheats.
Download "DS Scene ROM Tool" for the full cycloDS cheats package. The cycloDS doesn't use usrcheat.dat, it uses "user.evocheats" and that file goes into the "CycloDS" folder. Do you understand?

Foe GBC cheats it's more complicated:

I think I get it... but just a few more questions. The steps that you listed, is that for gba games or ds games? and do you have to already have the cheats on there?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the cyclods is no longer updated, so if you want it for anything other than homebrew you might end up a bit disappointed. it will not run on an updated dsi or 3ds, something else to keep in mind. though, i've no idea what system you are buying it for. i recall a lot of projects that failed to work completely on their kernel. when i tested for the ievo i ran into a few homebrew compatibility problems.

you might find better enjoyment out of the wood kernel running on an r4i gold (.cn) or an r4idsn. its also around a $12 card.

-another world

SolsticeTheEspeon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the cyclods is no longer updated, so if you want it for anything other than homebrew you might end up a bit disappointed. it will not run on an updated dsi or 3ds, something else to keep in mind. though, i've no idea what system you are buying it for. i recall a lot of projects that failed to work completely on their kernel. when i tested for the ievo i ran into a few homebrew compatibility problems.

you might find better enjoyment out of the wood kernel running on an r4i gold (.cn) or an r4idsn. its also around a $12 card.

-another world

Can the r4i gold play gameboy roms tho? That's the biggest reason why I wanted the cyclo ds cuz it does both. the other reason was that I wanted to play hacked roms like Blaze Black and Storm Silver on my ds. So if it can play all of those I'd be happy with it.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you should not even be considering the cyclods or the cyclods ievo. they are a dead team, there haven't been updates for close to 2 years. the laste firmware had a lot of homebrew compatibility issues.

r4i gold (.cn) will get you gaming using a wonderful kernel (wood) which has great rom and homebrew compatibility, and all for around $14. the scds2 will offer exclusive emulation (gba, snes, mame4all, atari, and a lot more if you tinker with the linux install), slow-motion, fuzzy cheat finder, real time save, and more, but for around $40.

we really do not recommend much else because nothing else is supported on an updated dsi/3ds. however, if you have an older system then i would highly recommend the acekard 2.1. it runs on the ds phat/lite, does not have the ccontact issues of the ak2i, and utilizes the akaio kernel. i spent a long time beta testing for akaio and made sure it supported more homebrew than any other kit. so if homebrew is your thing (and emulation) then check out an ak2.1 or 2i.

-another world

SolsticeTheEspeon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you should not even be considering the cyclods or the cyclods ievo. they are a dead team, there haven't been updates for close to 2 years. the laste firmware had a lot of homebrew compatibility issues.

r4i gold (.cn) will get you gaming using a wonderful kernel (wood) which has great rom and homebrew compatibility, and all for around $14. the scds2 will offer exclusive emulation (gba, snes, mame4all, atari, and a lot more if you tinker with the linux install), slow-motion, fuzzy cheat finder, real time save, and more, but for around $40.

we really do not recommend much else because nothing else is supported on an updated dsi/3ds. however, if you have an older system then i would highly recommend the acekard 2.1. it runs on the ds phat/lite, does not have the ccontact issues of the ak2i, and utilizes the akaio kernel. i spent a long time beta testing for akaio and made sure it supported more homebrew than any other kit. so if homebrew is your thing (and emulation) then check out an ak2.1 or 2i.

-another world

Woa mindblown XD I didn't understand most of that except that I'm going to get an R4 XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer