Homebrew Question Inject saves to different user?

ThirdEyeCx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used Checkpoint to move a save from one user to another, but you have to open the game on the 2nd user so that it generates save data for that game and then you will be able to restore the save that you backed up from the original user.

Last edited by ThirdEyeCx,
Reactions: LFPereira

LFPereira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've used Checkpoint to move a save from one user to another, but you have to open the game on the 2nd user so that it generates save data for that game and then you will be able to restore the save that you backed up from the original user.

EdiZon, Checkpoint and nut can't do that yet. From what I've seen, only devmenu can... :cry: and it crashes 99% of the time...

Checkpoint will create folders for your games and your saves (sdmc:/switch/Checkpoint/saves/<title id> <game title>/<NameOfYourBackup NameOfUser>/save.dat).

Just create the folder manually with the other user's name, and copy/move the save.dat to the new folder.
Then do the import.

It is even possible to transfer saves to other games.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...-games-work-dont.507510/page-112#post-8154817

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...-games-work-dont.507510/page-113#post-8155252

Last edited by LFPereira,
Reactions: Elliander

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Good to know.
I already did it with devmenu. I just have to restart it after each extraction. We really need to merge EdiZon, checkpoint, devmenu and nut together :P.
"The one save manager that can do it all."

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

WerWolv

EdiZon and Tesla Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Good to know.
I already did it with devmenu. I just have to restart it after each extraction. We really need to merge EdiZon, checkpoint, devmenu and nut together :P.
"The one save manager that can do it all."
Uhm. EdiZon doesn't care about where your save file comes from. Doesn't matter if it comes from the internet, another account or the same account ^^

Reactions: Supreme23

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1