• Views 20,068
  • Replies 30
  • Likes 9

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and how did someone find out that it is THAT file that unbans us? someone here has to know the specifics of that file, for sure.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
and how did someone find out that it is THAT file that unbans us? someone here has to know the specifics of that file, for sure.

most likely, just trying it out/possibly checking system-server communication.

basically, the file includes a unique identifier that, outside of sharing it online, would be unique to a persons system, that's among things checked out by nintendos servers. since almost all nintendo online things run through nintendo servers and the friendlist service, blocking that seed is enough to disable online gaming on a system.

by replacing it, the friendlist service and online servers think you're not banned, so everything runs as it used to.

however, the problem with 100, 1000 or more people sharing a single seed is, just one of them has to do whatever it takes for nintendo to blacklist a seed for all of them to be banned again.
meaning this way really will always be just a temporary solution, depending on how much work nintendo puts into this, eventually there could be banwaves every day and we'd burn through the seeds as quickly as that.

in addition to that, there's probably more than one way for nintendo to disable online functions, such as nnid bans, meaning this might not even work forever.
we don't know if the current way nintendo identifies hacked consoles allows them to check the nnid associated with the system though. and considering the thing people are banned for, i guess making a new nnid would not be all that heartbreaking for most people anyway.

Last edited by Clydefrosch,
Reactions: naddel81

VMM

Hamon > Stand
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

3dsbrew gives a good hint on how this work, but it's a lot of Tech Mumbo Jumbo.
The short answer is, authentication. The long answer:

The last 8 bytes of the LocalFriendCodeSeed_B contain the LocalFriendCodeSeed, which becomes the first 8 bytes of the keyY in there and the first 3 keyslots.
These keyslots are used for AES MACs on sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/<ID 0>/<ID1> and nand:/data/<ID0>

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for letting me know.
so we can easily unban with a public seed. how come there is a public seed in the first place? I thought the gist of having a seed was that it is unique to one's console.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thanks for letting me know.
so we can easily unban with a public seed. how come there is a public seed in the first place? I thought the gist of having a seed was that it is unique to one's console.

it is a public seed because someone donated their unique (well, not so much anymore now that its shared), not yet banned seed.

Hycerz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I extracted my LCFS it is not LCFS_B but LCFS_A how do i proceed from here? I am quite confused. Should i rename the public LCFS_B to LCFS_A and then overwrite?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
When I extracted my LCFS it is not LCFS_B but LCFS_A how do i proceed from here? I am quite confused. Should i rename the public LCFS_B to LCFS_A and then overwrite?
This is actually the first time I've heard of that happening, but I think you can delete the LFCS_A (backup first) and just put the LFCS_B on. Or if that doesn't work, try renaming the LFCS_B to LFCS_A. You can't do much wrong as long as you have A9LH/B9S and a backup of the original file.

M3T4_N1NJ4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the recent ban wave of CFW it's very common to use a public Local Friend Code Seed (LFCS) to unban your 3DS.

If you intend to inject a public LFCS, I recommend before that dumping first your own and storing on your computer somewhere safe.

This thread shows 3 methods for unbanning:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/all-3-methods-to-get-unbanned-from-recent-ban-wave.450679/

But it uses Decrypt9, so I decided to make this simple guide on how to inject and dump the LFCS with GodMode9.

Dumping the seed from your 3DS with GodMode9:

1) Boot into GodMode9

2) Navigate to [1:/rw/sys/]

3) Press (A) on LocalFriendCodeSeed_B

4) Select "Copy to 0:/gm9out"

Hurray, it worked

Injecting the seed to your 3DS with GodMode9:

1) Put the seed at the root of your SD card.

2) Boot into GodMode9

3) Navigate to SD card [0:]

4) Press (Y) on LocalFriendCodeSeed_B to copy it

5) Navigate to [1:/rw/sys/].

6) press (Y) to paste it

7) Select "Copy paths(s)", and press (A)

8) You'll be asked to unlock writing on SysNand (lvl1), press (A)

9) Proceed with the sequence shown in the screen. (left, right, down, up, a)

10) Select "Overwrite file(s)"

11) You'll be asked to unlock writing on SysNand (lvl2), press (A)

12) Proceed with the sequence shown in the screen (Left, Right, Down, Up, A)

Hurray, it worked
can you email me a link to a friend code seed location at [email protected]

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

can you email me a link to a friend code seed location at [email protected]
or pm me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64