Infinite Space

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by TwinRetro, Mar 25, 2010.

Mar 25, 2010

Infinite Space by TwinRetro at 10:33 PM (2,834 Views / 0 Likes) 20 replies

1. TwinRetro
    OP

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    at first I was all [​IMG]

But then (after a while) I was like [​IMG]

2. haflore

Member haflore aeternaliter fluxa

United States
    I stayed all [​IMG]

Why did you change your mind dood?

3. TheCypher

Newcomer TheCypher Advanced Member

Brazil
    At first i was [​IMG]

But then:
    [​IMG]

4. TwinRetro
    OP

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    story was cool, the space battles were slow as hell, and the "melee" battles didnt even need to be there

5. Dangy

Member Dangy Twisting Your Mind & Smashing Your Dreams

United States
    Guess I'll delete it from my card. :33

6. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Started playing it for a bit and I really can't see how this game is appealing. It's a major disappointment. Combat is boring, grinding is tedious, graphics are pretty bleak (the 2-D stuff looks good but the 3-D is incredibly pixelated), and the sound is just fucking awful (terribly low quality sound effects and completely unbalanced volumes). I guess some people may like it, but I just can't see the point. I'll stick to Strange Journey I guess.

7. cotyboy

Newcomer cotyboy Advanced Member

Philippines
    I even felt that too but one thing that kept me playing it was the storyline,indeed the gameplay was kinda slow, repetitive and the space cruising was very frustrating. The module, weapon, and fighter customization was a pain in the next but once you get the hang of it you'll discover that its quite fun, also this game is hard, you'll have gameovers once in a while if your not careful enough on making strategies and customization. Theres also character recruitment included in the game, like those in the Suikoden series but not that much. You'll just need to stick longer on the game to enjoy it.

8. Tachyon1986

Newcomer Tachyon1986 Advanced Member

India
    Yeah , this game is one of those "love it" or "hate it" types, it's quite polarizing. I for one love it, I enjoy the customization. If you can stick with the game's minor flaws, you'll find that it's a diamond in the rough.

And btw, you don't really need to grind for money. Just fill one of your ships with holds and do long trips , it'll net you cash really fast.

9. dysan

Member dysan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    I played this game for around 10 min....till the the first tutorial battle...at first I thought it was kinda nice...moving your ship to get in range to attack...then I had to do barrage and I was there watching my ship fire lazers and missiles and whatever for like 20 seconds AND THEN I got to watch all the crap that my ship had fired hit the enemy ship...another 20 seconds there lol...

then the enemy attacked and they did barrage as well and because it said that they were a fleet of 3 ships I think,their attack took me almost 1 min AND THEN I had to watch everything hit my ship which took me another minute...lol

does that sound fun to any of you?because it doesn't sound like fun to me...
    all I could hear were the painfully low-budget blirps and blorps of the guns...felt like I was playing elite(pc) all over again lol.

since we're on the sound subject,why is this game's sound so low? I could barely hear it even though my ds was set to full sound...

after that,I swiched off my ds(while the battle was still going on lol) and procedded to play edgeworth investigations [​IMG] now that's a good game!
    I understand I can't really have an opinion about infinite space just from my 10 min,but I'll get back on it as soon as I finish edgeworth.

10. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    You can skip those shooting scenes you know...
    Just press L or R I think.

11. dysan

Member dysan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    lol really?! it didn't say that anywhere!

they should have put it in HUGE RED LETTERS!

TOUCH HERE TO SKIP BORING CUTSCENE!

yea...that would have worked..

12. bialy_gibson

Member bialy_gibson GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    When i saw screens before japanese release i thought it will be holy grail of "space opera like" gaming. I was quite hyped before playing. After couple of hours i'm disappointed with pretty much everything. Not saying i wont finish it, just my expectations were too high. BTW we should really appreciate that such japanese style games are published in US and E.

13. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Well, I was very hyped for this game and I thought that it looked good at first. A big RPG endeavor on the DS with a nice sci-fi setting. But when I started playing, I felt greatly disappointed. It seemed rushed in the end and very unpolished.

All the presentation was gone. Graphics were average and the sound was horrible. Enough to hurt the game. The gameplay itself was just boring. Get into a random battle, move up your ship, fire, boom. And you have to do this a lot with the boss battles. It just seemed very poorly thought out. It was my most hyped game of the month and in the end it became one of the worst non-shovelware releases of the month.

14. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Yeah those are my thoughts exactly for the game as well.

15. Tachyon1986

Newcomer Tachyon1986 Advanced Member

India
    That's pretty much the standard fare for any RPG game these days , Attack/Defend/Cast Ultimate Magic spell. What else were you expecting?

Also, as is the case with all RPG games, you eventually find that perfect "combo" that totally breaks the game. Infinite Space is no exception to this rule, and I don't see why people are getting all worked up over it. It's a J-RPG after all [​IMG] .

16. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I actually really like it. Purchasing ships for my fleet then customizing the hell out of them is very appealing to me (as well as tinkering with my crew's deployment). I actually don't mind the battles either since you can skip all the 'in battle' cutscenes if you want (my ships are good enough to where the pirates in my current sector last seconds if I skip the cutscenes...so that's not exactly long and tedious). I definitely give you the bad sound mixing though...weird that some stuff is so low in volume.

Grinding for a ship isn't quite as bad as you'd think when you realize that a lot of the time (at least for me) I was selling one ship in order to buy a better one.

17. Njrg

Banned Njrg Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~

United States
    Same for me.
    What a let down

18. FlameTakuya

Member FlameTakuya GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Singapore
    The story was extremely boring and uninteresting to me. I tried to play some more but gave up and deleted the thing from my card. Taking up so much space too.

And yes, the 3D looked absolutely horrid. It was like worse than GBA quality.

19. micado

Newcomer micado Advanced Member

United States
    I've played the main story through once and finished the "Extra Mode" yesterday.
    (So I know, what I am talking about)

- Story itself is one of the better ones, especially when thinking about that it's a japanese game!
    . I especially like the more adult approach and the sometimes really cruel missions.
    - Starting as a 16 year old commanding a spaceship is a little downer for me, really.
    - The second part, as a 26 year old, is the way I would have liked the 1st part, too.
    - The "Talk to your friends" and read the same loooong dialog over and over again until one pops up
    . which gives you a bonus really gets on everyones nerves! (typical japanese bull!!!)
    - The "fly back to planets you already visited several times", because there could be a new crew member
    . to hire now totally sucks. (It's very easy to miss out some crew members, which is hard in the 1st part of the game)
    - The melee battles are one of the worst crap ever implemented into a game!
    . especially that there are several in the 1st part (when your melee abilities are very low) and in the
    . 2nd part there are not only nearly none, no, they are forbidden in a lot of fights (when your melee has become very strong)
    . and for this I not only bought the most expensive "Security rooms" for all my ships, I also wasted precious space for most
    . part of the game => I was so pissed off of this f*cking melee, believe me.
    - You always receive a message, when you get new blueprints for ships or modules... but never one when there are
    . better weapons available to you. So checking after every story mission for new weapons and very often not finding ones
    . totally sucks, too.
    - To be able to skip every "firing" and "impact" part of the battles is the best idea implemented in this game.
    - The various ships, modules and weapons with their real differences are very well done and were the main reason
    . keeping me playing.
    - The "Extra Mode" should have been available as "Battle Mode" from the beginning. In this mode you have all blueprints,
    . you acquired in the main story from the very beginning. All weapons are avaiable too from the start. You do nothing else than
    . a lot of boss battles (which are really cool, because they're not so easy) throughout 13 sectors. Oh, most people
    . you met in the main story are available too and you start as "Fleet Leader" Lv5 (commanding 5 ships).

To sum it up:
    IF you are more into space games than into fantasy and have a walkthrough (which points you to the crew members
    and melee battles) at your hands, this game is for you, otherwise not.

20. Gvaz

Member Gvaz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I played to the first space station and shut it off

preliminary opinion:

battles are cool, tap the touchscreen to skip the stuff, sound is kinda bad, voice acting is pretty lol