inFamous: Second Son's Pre-Order Bonus is...

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Foxi4, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Foxi4
    OP

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    [​IMG]
    Gamestop Italy is offering a rather interesting pre-order bonus for inFamous: Second Son - one that will help gamers avoid having a second son... or a first one... or a daughter, for that matter.​
    The Pre-Order Edition of Sucker Punch's new game contains two cans of Red Bull to keep the players pumped for action... and a pack of fluorescent condoms in case the tension turns out to be too much for them to handle and some form of venting with their significant others will be required. "A fill of energy for an explosion of pleasure!" - boldly claims the box. "Enjoy your power!" - I'm sure we will! All the fans with the right "equipment" should look forward to showing off their... inFamous... glow-in-the-dark... uhm... "superpowers". :creep:
    Eurogamer reached out to SCEE for a comment - I'm sure it's going to be an interesting one.​
    :arrow: Source

porkiewpyne and Ammako like this.

2. ßleck

ßleck Console Peasant

Jun 4, 2013
    Netherlands
    I don't know. Help.
    Why would a gamer need condoms?

Deboog, hhs, porkiewpyne and 3 others like this.
  3. Foxi4
    OP

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Not everyone's a Nintendo gamer. ;O;

4. luigiman1928

luigiman1928 Most original Custom Title

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2009
    United States
    sd_Doomsday
    SHOTS FIRED

Yepi69, hhs, EvilMakiPR and 3 others like this.
  5. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    Hey mum can u give me some cash, i wanna pre-order a new game.
    Mum hands him money.
    Son collects game on launch.
    Son goes to the Red Light District.

6. Foxi4
    OP

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Ah, yes - the inFamous Red Light District... :creep:

No, this joke will not get old in this thead. :angry:

7. lismati

lismati Speedrunner in practice

Feb 24, 2010
    Poland
    Yes.
    They should include some pills that'd make your sperm fluorescent, imagine the possibilities then :d

I know it doesn't work like that

Warrior522 and Foxi4 like this.
  8. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    I'm a little disappointed that it's not 2 baby boys, so you then have 2 sons.

Warrior522, frogboy and Foxi4 like this.
  9. BrightNeko

BrightNeko Popcorn ball

Dec 11, 2010
    United States
    Texas
    Collectable condoms, just like collectable birth control pills. :3 neat

10. Foxi4
    OP

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    But you would only ever love the seond son... that's not fair. :angry:
    Not sure if ectoplasm or... :unsure:

Still... :yay:

11. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    I LOVE ALL 12 OF MY ILLEGITIMATE CHILDREN EQUALLY WHAT'S ANOTHER 2 :angry:

12. Foxi4
    OP

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Your fatherly love is so grossly incandescent... fluorescent, even. ;O;

13. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    PRAAAISE THE SONS.

/donebeingofftopic

That's no fair, everywhere else just gets a stupid in-game code for vests or some shit and an extra mission :sad:

Foxi4 likes this.
  14. vayanui8

vayanui8 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    United States
    I just wonder what will happen if a parent pre orders this for a younger child lol. this kid picks it up with them opens the bonus, and asks them what it is lol

15. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Pretty sure being a gamer is enough birth control you'll ever need.

Well it's rated M so I'm pretty sure they should have braced for mature content.

16. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    This thread is going so far in to the EoF that I'm a bit disappointed. Keep it coming :creep:

As for the news.. I'd be interested in seeing a custom PS4 controller for the game (red/blue)

17. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Okay...so when rockstar games removes a 'hot chocolate' minigame from the main game but makes it unlockable to those knowing what they're doing, all hell breaks loose. But when sucker punch puts a pack of condoms in addition to the box, it's okay? :unsure:

Honestly: I don't get it. Why condoms? Not only is it in no way related to the game but it also distracts from the gaming in the most literal sense possible. In fact: it puts you in a direct dilemma...try out the game or the glowing condoms? Wait...did I say dilemma? Either you don't have the choice by lack of either a PS4 or a willing girlfriend, or you do have the choice and you'll go with the other. Or indeed: you go to those nice ladies. But apart from a few very rare instances*, it just doesn't mix.

So...why? Should there be some kind of reference in the game or something? Fuck...as I just found out, the game doesn't even have co-op. So aside from easily being able to jerk off in admiration of the awesome graphics of today's gaming**, I don't see the purpose. And I don't think THAT was the intention of including a condom. Let alone a whole box.

*okay, okay: I've got to admit it: I have the mental image of an Italian whore sitting in a window next to a PS4. You just KNOW she'll get this kind of clients
    **I already feel sorry for whichever actress(es) had to voice the caricatural hot babe(s) in this game. :(
    Wait...what? Significant others? Erm...yeah. Look. I'm all about safe sex, so perhaps I shouldn't say this (especially with an audience who snorts at anything sex-related), but I'm going to do it anyway...

Fucking with a condom isn't fun. It doesn't matter if it has a nice taste, glows in the dark or makes the sounds of a Philharmonic Orchestra. At best, those things don't ruin the experience. But to me, they feel like masturbating in a plastic bag. Now...Since diseases and birth control are real threats, condoms certainly have a right of existence, and should be used appropriately during the dating phase. They're what I would call "a necessary evil".

But when I'm having a monogamous relationship with someone who is healthy and is certain she's not in that "I may get pregnant"-period, condoms are the first thing to go. And it's only some steps AFTER that, that I'll start referring to this woman as being my "significant other".
    So...no. Call it like it is. Those glowing condoms could be convenient when picking up chicks, visiting a brothel or hanging out at a comic convention. But unless you're the kind of guy who refers to his one night stand as being your "significant other", I really don't see how that works.

18. Foxi4
    OP

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Yeah, good luck using a calendar, a thermometer or analyzing the thickness of bodily fluids as means of contraception - do invite me to your baby shower please. :rolleyes:

If you really want to be safe with your significant other, there's a variety of things you could do, but not doing anything is probably the worst advice you could give to anyone. There's implants, but those are invasive and quite expensive. Globules and sprays are useless on their own and should only be used in conjunction with a physical barrier method. Pills are very effective, but they're not particularly healthy and they screw with a girl's head and metabolism - we're talking severe depression, mood swings and body weight gain if the mix isn't "right" for her, so it takes a while to pick the "right" ones - they're the best method out there, but also the trickiest one which has to be consulted with a GP. Condoms are a good solution, but latex isn't really comfortable and some people are allergic to it, which is why I strongly recommend using polyurethane ones like Mates SKYN. Believe it or not, their tagline rings true, they really are the closest thing to wearing nothing.

tl;dr Going nuts with no protection whatsoever equals incoming pregnancy, sooner or later, fact.

//ADULTTemp :ninja:

19. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    >Not making it the "SKYNfamous Edition"

Damn, they screwed up - and not in the fun way.

Foxi4 likes this.
  20. vayanui8

vayanui8 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    United States
    Wasn't aware it was M, assumed it was t like it's predecessors. Either way, that doesn't seem to make a difference for a number of parents, and they'd still flip over it because they are too stupid to see what they are buying their children lol