indie royale fate

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
so, indie royale, a very sweet indie bundle store that i used to purchase bundles off, alongside with humble bundle and a couple others like indie gala...

indie royale was cool, it later had desura, a steam alike client where you could download your games, IIRC the client was even open source and drm free, and IIRC all games downloaded from it were DRM free...
i kinda forgot about most of that website, i remember i used to purcahse some bundles, they were plenty of shitty games, but some where actually great and very interesting..

so it appears the website was bought by one company.. the website currently says they are working behind the scenes to bring indie royale back..
it has been forever since something happened... and now i am just sad, from my experience it is extremly likely it will not open the doors again...

so, all my purchases there, except the ones i got steam keys activated, are gone...
it really makes me think about the drm stuff in general.. how it is so fucky that one day valve or other game company you paid your games for, shut down the business and you end up empty handed...

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would recall some old post...
Life is ephemeral, and that is part of its beauty.
Game cards, consoles and online services also. Enjoy them while they last, they are not meant to last forever.
Sure video game museums will find ways to store old games for appreciation of future old game history researchers.
Meanwhile, commoners shall enjoy things while they last, and even better go full digital, that will help you avoid this problem that "cards don't contain the whole game".

Probably there should be a "/s" somewhere along this post... but to be honest, I don't think this matters enough, it is just being blown out of proportions IMHO.
It also applies for digitally owned games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1