Hacking Discussion INCOMING - Atmosphere Release!

GraFfiX420

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like we will be enjoying Atmosphere soon!

Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 9.58.32 PM.png

GraFfiX420

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the question here is, does it comes with XCI loading? does it comes with USB XCI loading/NSP Installing? if not, NEXT.

Yes, these are definitely NOT the questions... You're looking solely for piracy, that's not what Atmosphere is about, please push on down the road.

Crusatyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the question here is, does it comes with XCI loading? does it comes with USB XCI loading/NSP Installing? if not, NEXT.
You're new here aren't you? Welcome to the forums, and to the Switch scene in general. Just so you know, Team ReSwitched is against pirating as a whole so I am afraid that it won't be a native feature. However, if I recall correctly, Rajkosto has some patches in his newbie friendly starter package that should be easily portable to Atmosphere, should they even need porting at all. I think Atmosphere does support the same patch formats.

Last edited by Crusatyr,
Reactions: The9thBit

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, you better get ready to make an actual release titled thread, with incoming and soon in the title you won't get the clicks you should have just said it was released and prolonged the link

Ric-Are-Those

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Part of me wants to make a really back handed compliment about them sticking to the ETA they set but other is happy that it's getting it's official release.

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess all I have to do is put this on the root SD card, and boot Atmosphere via Homebrew Launcher?

xci loading?
usb xci loading?
emunand?
stealth mode?

It has none of those.

Emunand is a v0.8.0 milestone. So is Stealth Mode, maybe even v0.9.0.

USB XCI loading is a Team Xecuter thing.

Last edited by delete12345,
Reactions: alantgw

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FEATURES:

Fusée, a custom bootloader
Exosphère, a fully-featured custom secure monitor.
Stratosphère, a set of custom system modules.
A service manager system module.
A process manager system module.
A custom fs.mitm system module.A custom crash report system module.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I guess all I have to do is put this on the root SD card, and boot Atmosphere via Homebrew Launcher?

It has none of those.

Emunand is a v0.8.0 milestone. So is Stealth Mode, maybe even v0.9.0.

USB XCI loading is a Team Xecuter thing.

Stealth Mode= 90DNS. So TECHNICALLY, Atmosphere DOES have it

Switcherooo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Long time lurker, first time posting.

Could one of the veterans post a pros / cons or comparison between atmosphere / Sx pro / etc

I have a switch still on version 2.0, have been waiting for atmosphere and now need to make sure im doing the right thing.

Cheers !

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Long time lurker, first time posting.

Could one of the veterans post a pros / cons or comparison between atmosphere / Sx pro / etc

I have a switch still on version 2.0, have been waiting for atmosphere and now need to make sure im doing the right thing.

Cheers !

The biggest con of SX OS is that it's not free. The biggest PRO of the other options is that they are all free. As for the rest they can pretty much do the same things with one or two exceptions like SX OS having .XCI loader(Honestly not that big a deal) and Emunand(TECHNICALLY not an Emunand but let's call it that for simplicity's sake)

Switcherooo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The biggest con of SX OS is that it's not free. The biggest PRO of the other options is that they are all free. As for the rest they can pretty much do the same things with one or two exceptions like SX OS having .XCI loader(Honestly not that big a deal) and Emunand(TECHNICALLY not an Emunand but let's call it that for simplicity's sake)

Yup, I want real Emunand, to avoid complications with Nintendo online services.... the SX iteration is not what I’m looking for.

I also am aware of the XCI difference, I’m not looking to pirate so I should be ok.

This version of atmosphere will still need a jig or auto RCM, and all the usual Jazz regarding the other options I’m assuming ?

Ps thank you for your helpful reply !
Hoping this thread stays positive !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo"