ROM Hack Inazuma eleven 3 The Ogre,changing models?

Alexs0108

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone,i would like to know how to open a .nds file(ROM),to modify an Inazuma Eleven 3 The Ogre model (Sakuma Jirou) with the Shin Teikoku version but i don't know how.Can you help me?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The standard DS 3d format is NSBMD, it is used by most games that use 3d models though I am not inclined to raise an eyebrow if a game fails to use the format as I might be when a game does not use the SDAT sound format (which this actually does not).

Looking around there a few NSBMD files in various states and packed into various archives (pkb and pkh) in the "data_iz\model" directory, from what I recall the pkb and pkh archive formats were switched up a bit for the later games in the series (I mainly only looked at the first entry) so you will have to find the unpacker for those titles or make another. The trouble comes in your then having to replace textures (if any) and animations. For many things on the DS this is a matter of so much import new file but here you will have to tangle with the archive formats.

As for "adding another character" that is often far harder than replacing one as you are going to have to make the game recognise they are there- I seem to recall the first came with a bunch of bonus characters including some ones that were disabled. If that is the case here I would look into that.

ouioui2003

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

For adding a character, i doubt anyone have done this before (and i don't know if it's really possible).
But, to change one character by another, if you search on gbatemp, you will find things like this:

Two try:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/editing-players-and-their-moveset-on-inazuma-eleven-2-blizzard-e.333140/
http://gbatemp.net/threads/help-inazuma-eleven-2-character-hack.338622/

You can find in these a tool from roxas to do that (but i don't know if it could be used on IE3).

TyraNtM has allready insert Layton characters in his hack to IE2. So it's possible, and the format for characters in IE2 is nearly the same with those in IE3 (but different). I think TyraNtM has used the Roxas tool to do it, but maybe it's not like that.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/inazuma-eleven-2-blizzard-remastered-version.324476/

And probably a way to change it is to use Tinke (and you can improve it if you have some coding skills):
http://gbatemp.net/threads/tinke-0-7-2.303529/

So, you have to study how the tool work on IE2, change some characters, and after, try it on IE3 and modify what it must be done to do the work.

EDIT:

I don't know if I have rights to post here a link to another forum, but it could be useful to respond the question. (moderator, suppress my link if it's not allowed here)

You have a team that have work on extracting each character in IE3.
Maybe you could start your search with that:
The Ogre Headshots Ripping Project
http://www.spriters-resource.com/community/showthread.php?tid=19289

They have only extracted 2D sprites, so, for the 3D model, you have to study the IE2 hack from TyraNtM.

Reactions: pionki4568

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1