Hacking Importing a Japanese DSi

ratticon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

I'm planning on importing a Japanese DSi from Japan because I will be moving there late next year. I also want to be able to download the Japanese DSiware titles from the Japanese shop.
I have read that the first time you connect to the shop, you will need to create a Club Nintendo account. I already have a UK Club Nintendo account but I don't know if I would be able login to that on my Japanese DSi, and still access the Japanese shop.
I'm assuming that to set up a Japanese Club Nintendo account and associate it with my DSi, I would have to provide a permanent address in Japan. Obviously I won't know that until next year. I would be surprised if Nintendo allowed you to open a Japanese Club Nintendo account with a UK address, right?

Has anyone imported a Japanese DSi to the US or UK and gone through the process of accessing the Japanese DSi shop for the first time?

I can read a basic level of Japanese and I do plan to continue using the Japanese shop in future, so please don't tell me "Why don't you just get a UK DSi and use the English shop".

I can't find any info on the web about what happens the first time you boot a brand-new Japanese DSi and try to connect to the shop.

R

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Im from the Philippines but I have a US address via my aunt so I can access the US Nintendo DSi. We have US, Japanese DSi here in the Philippines and no Philippine DSi so Im on of a few who have a club Nintendo account here in my country.

I hope I made inspired what I wrote

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.