Gaming Important fact about ssbb jp on PAL consoles

ZooL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been testing the dvd5 release of ssbb on my pal wii for some hours and thought it was strange, that the sound in the intro video wasn't working right. also i allways got a strange feeling, that the feeling of the game it self wasn't quiet right. so i played around a bit: sometimes (nearly everytime you first start the game) the game loads with what i would call "timing issues". meaning, not only the intro is buggy but also the game it self runs somewhat slower then it should. BUT if you use your home key, go back to the wii menue and start the game again those problems aren't there. suddenly the intro plays fine and the game plays much smoother(you can really feel the difference when moving your courser on the character selection screen). i don't know what is causing this or if it's allready been postet, but i found it to be rather important.

another funny thing is, that someone was saying, the game was working in 60hz mode with his pal wii if you wait long enough after you get the black screen. for me it doesn't work. i dont get a picture. but the game it self runs, just without picture and sound. you can her the disc load and you can even use your home key and with the help of the rumble if the wii mote even get back to the wii menue. even stranger is, that sometimes if you go back to the wii menue i get this flickering green line on top if my wii menue. and if i now change my tv type to 60hz i get a red menue instead of a blue one. and if i know start smash in 60hz i dont get a picture but sound.... perhaps someone who knows more about the consoles architecture can make something out of this...

UchihaE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just wanted to post this first 3 hours i played like this then I turned it of then when I started the first match i was like this feels like a whole other game !!!
then I went back to the intro to see if it lagged and it didn't
ohmy.gif
so but you cant controll this even by pressing home at least i can't

Mirato

Trophies
XP
Country
I read this from another thread about SSBB. But if you want to play with 60 hz I am telling you the difference is immense.

HOW TO GET IT TO WORK IN 60Hz MODE FOR PAL USERS

1. Start the game in 50Hz mode and go to settings
2. Choose the icon with a screen displaying a "D"
3. Turn that option OFF
4. Restart Wii and turn on 60Hz
5. Start the game and wait for a while, the black screen will disappear!

Try that should work !!!
happy.gif
!!

flobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've burned it, did the 15 % trick, burned again a blickblocked version still i does not work.
Black screen after i start, in 60hz OR 50 hz.
EDIT : never mind, does work perfectly in 480p so i don't care about 50 or 60 hz .
biggrin.gif

Strange still
I tried it again with 480i. It's working now, but 50 hz is still no-go. That's impossible to understand since i have a pal wii like all of you.

CPMpsy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
immense good, but when you play in 60hz at the begining, we have to wait a little until the title screen show. thx for the tips mirato

flobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What's strange is that i do not have to wait, the game starts in 60hz/480p in 2/3s. 50 Hz is a black screen, and it does not leave after 1 min so i stopped it.

Mirato

Trophies
XP
Country
immense good, but when you play in 60hz at the begining, we have to wait a little until the title screen show. thx for the tips mirato

No worries was just quotin from another thread ^^. But u see the difference right? You guys unlocked all the characters yet (well all the characters possible iwht a single layer)

ZooL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even more strange is the fact, that you can turn the deflicker option back on, once the game has booted in 60hz mode

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
I have been testing the dvd5 release of ssbb on my pal wii for some hours and thought it was strange, that the sound in the intro video wasn't working right. also i allways got a strange feeling, that the feeling of the game it self wasn't quiet right. so i played around a bit: sometimes (nearly everytime you first start the game) the game loads with what i would call "timing issues". meaning, not only the intro is buggy but also the game it self runs somewhat slower then it should. BUT if you use your home key, go back to the wii menue and start the game again those problems aren't there. suddenly the intro plays fine and the game plays much smoother(you can really feel the difference when moving your courser on the character selection screen). i don't know what is causing this or if it's allready been postet, but i found it to be rather important.

another funny thing is, that someone was saying, the game was working in 60hz mode with his pal wii if you wait long enough after you get the black screen. for me it doesn't work. i dont get a picture. but the game it self runs, just without picture and sound. you can her the disc load and you can even use your home key and with the help of the rumble if the wii mote even get back to the wii menue. even stranger is, that sometimes if you go back to the wii menue i get this flickering green line on top if my wii menue. and if i now change my tv type to 60hz i get a red menue instead of a blue one. and if i know start smash in 60hz i dont get a picture but sound.... perhaps someone who knows more about the consoles architecture can make something out of this...
I had this issue at start (the intro was laggy) and my game crashed in vs, and for a strange reason all problems disappeared.

paranoidi

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Word of warning,

3.0E Wii with wiikey, used region free and did 15% flash trick. Then used brickblocked burn to start game in 50Hz mode. Later I switched back to 480p and puff, my wii does not produce picture anymore.

It would seem that flashing broke 480p support ... and I'm only hoping that there is a way to reverse this!

Edit: Picture came back after waiting while, strange ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30