Hacking Important announcement about Homebrew Channel next release.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
Important announcement about Homebrew Channel next release.
Homebrew Channel, aka your last chance

(Just found this over at Hackmii)

As you all know, we're getting busy with several other projects, and HBC isn't a priority. However, the beta9 release had a few rough edges, and some things that should have been fixed weren't.
So we?re giving you the chance to voice your pet peeves about HBC now, and we'll release a new version soon. Consider this version "final" at least for the time being. HBC is basically feature-complete, so we won?t be adding any new major features, but we want to get rid of some remaining bugs and annoyances. Once this new version is out, you?re going to be stuck with it for a while.

Things that we've already fixed/added for beta10:
meta.xml now handles non-ASCII characters properly (you can use iso-8859-1 or utf-8 encoding, but utf-8 is restricted to the iso-8859-1 subset)
Wiimote shutdown support (in libogc git now - we should have added this earlier)
Wiimote rumble now honors the rumble setting
A crash bug or two (hard to hit)

Post a comment if you want something fixed. We reserve the right to fix whatever we want and ignore the rest, but at least we promise we?ll listen. Please read the comments before asking for something; we don?t want 20 people mentioning the same thing.

Speak Up Now Or Forever Hold Your Peace.

Related links:

hackmii web

Marcan says!!!Guys, NO BIG NEW FEATURES. Don’t even think about integrating other apps, or adding disc loading, or anything like that. We’re talking about small fixes like honoring some setting or adding some minor controller support. Classic controller support is plausible. Fixing some graphical problem is doable. Integrating FTPii isn’t. Sound isn’t. I’m deleting totally implausible posts to keep things sane.

What do use want???
i would like some sort of streaming divx or something like wiitcpload can stream dols & elfs etc... although this is something they wont try and do... shame
frown.gif
seen as its something not a priority which it shouldn't be hope they could manage it

RickBruiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
customisable homebrew channel layout.
Online goddamn play for emulators and whatnot
an HBC chat intergrated in the HBC.

and if that's too much asked, a way to play non-wifi games through wifi. Yep, i'd play wii boxing online.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
customisable homebrew channel layout.
an HBC chat intergrated in the HBC
I agree with that
smile.gif
aswell as background music, maybe been able to play selecting mp3s from a folder within SD Card or USB etc
smile.gif

Post your thoughts on hackmii site, just look through other posts, and make sure you don't ask for something that's already been posted!

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Marcan says!!!Guys, NO BIG NEW FEATURES. Don’t even think about integrating other apps, or adding disc loading, or anything like that. We’re talking about small fixes like honoring some setting or adding some minor controller support. Classic controller support is plausible. Fixing some graphical problem is doable. Integrating FTPii isn’t. Sound isn’t. I’m deleting totally implausible posts to keep things sane.

Guess that's our high hopes SLASHED
frown.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I think media playback is a useless feature. If you want to play files, load MPlayerWii.
just an idea, well maybe background music of your choice, like a fully customisable channel like homebrew launcher is near enough
smile.gif

Don't ask for big things as your POST will be DELETED!

I do believe that FTPII should be integrated into the homebrew channel, but hey that's taking joedj application utility!
Would be smart though, i guess we wont see nothing major such a shame
frown.gif

hsnag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's better add cIOS support. Just in case the big N change something on the IOS like the 3.3V2. If the Home Brew can use the cIOS then we can upgrade our Wii to any future version.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i would like to see "sub-channel" support. to place different kind of apps in one channel to get a better overview.

but maybe that request is to big.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hsnag said:
It's better add cIOS support. Just in case the big N change something on the IOS like the 3.3V2. If the Home Brew can use the cIOS then we can upgrade our Wii to any future version.
What IOS homebrew loads is defined in the program, and libogc.

You could do this:
CODEIOS_ReloadIOS(249);

RickBruiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
controller support eh?

How about ANY usb guitars or instrument periphericals like I don't know.. like a way to play any guitar requiring games with the 360 xplorer. OR a way to use the PS2 pad through the USB converter. That'd be nice.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RickBruiser said:
controller support eh?

How about ANY usb guitars or instrument periphericals like I don't know.. like a way to play any guitar requiring games with the 360 xplorer. OR a way to use the PS2 pad through the USB converter. That'd be nice.
Some things people are asking are impossible.

Let's say I want tone recognizing so if I pick up my guitar and play a E note, it will flip to the next page.
B note is yes. G note is HOME.

Some things would be cool, just not very easy (or possible) to add.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Too bad that i have to register to make an comment.

Will they read/respect suggestion made in this Thread as well?
You worlds Worst Laziest Bugger...Takes 1minute to register and post, dont post Over the Top requests!!!

Yeah I'm sure Marcan will read this thread when he's on,
Hell its got rid of the thread of savemii for the time being so he'l be glad instead of reading and replying to the constant bitching regarding that.
smile.gif

hsnag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
hsnag said:
What IOS homebrew loads is defined in the program, and libogc.

You could do this:
CODEIOS_ReloadIOS(249);

Do you mean the application decide which IOS to use? If that's the case then all the application should try to use IOS249 first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4vMLpcX7A