jalaneme

Female Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
as the title says, i wish to buy some dual layers from america as it would be much cheaper than buying from the uk, does anyone know a website that will ship to the uk? i'm hoping the shipping won't be too expensive.

well i guess i have no choice but to buy 5 dual layers for $20, yes $20 us dollars for 5 dual layers in the UK.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Something as small as a double-layered DVD isn't worth it (or a pack of them, in your case), in my opinion. Especially, because in your local store you can at least see where the disks were made (i.e. the best Verbatims are from Singapore), whereas at online shopping you depend purely on your luck.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
MaHe said:
Something as small as a double-layered DVD isn't worth it (or a pack of them, in your case), in my opinion. Especially, because in your local store you can at least see where the disks were made (i.e. the best Verbatims are from Singapore), whereas at online shopping you depend purely on your luck.

i would rather buy from america and save money than to buy from the UK and play inflation

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jalaneme said:
MaHe said:

i would rather buy from america and save money than to buy from the UK and play inflation

Yeah but unless you're getting free shipping or something, your actual savings are going to be negligible, even if you're paying 3-4$ USD per disc right now. Just keep an eye out for sales in the UK, they must go on sale from time to time. The big-box stores here in Canada sometimes have good sales on DL media..The latest one was 20-packs of Memorex (Ritek) DL 8X DL media for $19.99 CDN, which is great.

edit: Try Amazon UK

They're offering Memorex DVD+R DL spindles of 10 from £8.97, that's less than half the price of what you quoted earlier.

or

WholeSale Media UK

They offer free shipping to all UK mainland addresses, maybe they have sales from time to time..just look around
tongue.gif

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
MaHe said:

Inflation affects every country in the world ... we pay higher prices on some items due to tax, not inflation.

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
not from the US, but try http://nierle.com , you won't have to pay customs since it's in Europe. It's very convenient for huge orders (only time I ordered stuff from there, I had 3 friends ordering with me to cut back on shipping costs, and we ordered something like 700 dvd+r)

finite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seicomart said:
Surely the best Verbatim discs are those Made in Japan with the Taiyo-Yuden dye...

The only decent Verbatim TY I've ever had are TYG02 pastels (x8) which were 50p each some years ago. The x16 dyes are not as good and produced in average to low quality for around 20p.

When I'm feeling rich I will by some Taiwan made Verbs from the high street to compare.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night