import dual layers from america

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by jalaneme, Mar 3, 2008.

Mar 3, 2008
  1. jalaneme
    OP

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    as the title says, i wish to buy some dual layers from america as it would be much cheaper than buying from the uk, does anyone know a website that will ship to the uk? i'm hoping the shipping won't be too expensive.

well i guess i have no choice but to buy 5 dual layers for $20, yes $20 us dollars for 5 dual layers in the UK.

2. MaHe

Member MaHe one lazy schmo

Slovenia
    Something as small as a double-layered DVD isn't worth it (or a pack of them, in your case), in my opinion. Especially, because in your local store you can at least see where the disks were made (i.e. the best Verbatims are from Singapore), whereas at online shopping you depend purely on your luck.

3. jalaneme
    OP

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    i would rather buy from america and save money than to buy from the UK and play inflation

4. stok3d

Member stok3d Retro Gaming Inc.

Canada
    Yeah but unless you're getting free shipping or something, your actual savings are going to be negligible, even if you're paying 3-4$ USD per disc right now. Just keep an eye out for sales in the UK, they must go on sale from time to time. The big-box stores here in Canada sometimes have good sales on DL media..The latest one was 20-packs of Memorex (Ritek) DL 8X DL media for $19.99 CDN, which is great.

edit: Try Amazon UK

They're offering Memorex DVD+R DL spindles of 10 from £8.97, that's less than half the price of what you quoted earlier.

or

WholeSale Media UK

They offer free shipping to all UK mainland addresses, maybe they have sales from time to time..just look around [​IMG]

5. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    www.ukdvdr.co.uk

6. Bob Evil

United Kingdom
    Inflation affects every country in the world ... we pay higher prices on some items due to tax, not inflation.

7. katsuce

Member katsuce GBAtemp Fan

France
    not from the US, but try http://nierle.com , you won't have to pay customs since it's in Europe. It's very convenient for huge orders (only time I ordered stuff from there, I had 3 friends ordering with me to cut back on shipping costs, and we ordered something like 700 dvd+r)

8. Seicomart

Member Seicomart GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Surely the best Verbatim discs are those Made in Japan with the Taiyo-Yuden dye...

9. finite

Member finite GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    The only decent Verbatim TY I've ever had are TYG02 pastels (x8) which were 50p each some years ago. The x16 dyes are not as good and produced in average to low quality for around 20p.

When I'm feeling rich I will by some Taiwan made Verbs from the high street to compare.

10. Bob Evil

United Kingdom
    People get hung up on brands, but many discs are just as effective as Verbatims.