IMDb Discussion Boards are closing down.

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by Saiyan Lusitano, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    This might not be a big deal to most here but I really liked using IMDb to talk about TV and Films due to the mere fact it united fans and casuals alike to discuss something on a website very easy to find.

Source: IMDb

What a bunch of B.S. that is! It's not providing a "positive, useful experience"? If they can't afford to keep the Discussion Boards active that's one thing but then blaming that the boards aren't "positive enough" is another.

This is going to kill discussing TV/Film content for many people if not most. :(

RIP IMDb.

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Damn, they were hilarious. Not necessarily because any of the authors in it were comedic but because of the insane drivel I saw spouted there all the time.

Re "positive enough" then they were truly a vile place (every -ism going there usually represented fairly well), and I can well see those less inclined to laugh at everything have a problem with it.

Guess I will have to stick to giggling at the puritans which write the parental guidance sections.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  3. RevPokemon

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    Just means that now everyone will post more in the Books, Music, TV & Movies section....

4. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    So the higher-ups get all butthurt and decide to take the pusillanimous route. Go fig. PC losers.

5. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    Most people only use the video game sections of GBATemp.

6. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    And it's already gone. RIP IMDb.

I've took a look at Previously.TV and seems OK but not great. Ads take too much space, theme is all white (preferred the classic from IMDb) and not much activity on less known shows.

On the bright side, I grabbed the list of Brittany Murphy recommended films from an IMDb board post so at least saved something. :)