Not open for further replies.

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty upset with the more popular ROM sites, I won't say any names or list any specifics, but I'll get right to the point.

I'd like to start a ROM site. I, myself will collect the ROMs & test them before posting them.

I have a couple questions I need addressed before I go any further.

How can I make it sustain itself?
Basically, how can I get it to pay for itself, without overrunning it with ads (lest I become those I hate). All I can think of is limited ads, and donations from users. I'd also need to know of a company that'd allow me to put ads on my site, as I don't think Google would approve.

How can I avoid being shut down/being sued for millions of dollars?
I don't want to end up like the dude who dumped NSMBW, and I don't want to end up like the ROM site I loved, being shut down and drained of all its ROMs. Let me add that I live in the US.

-----

I might be in way over my head, I don't know. I have a lot of free time, and I'd like to help the community & have a trusted resource for ROMs.

Thank you for your time.

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
@haloman800'
We are not allowed to say anything about roms i sure it breaks Gbatemp rules.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
haloman800 said:
How can I make it sustain itself?
Make money, pay for a domain, have tons of ROMs on it.

QUOTE(haloman800 @ Oct 15 2010, 04:31 PM) How can I avoid being shut down/being sued for millions of dollars?
Avoid having ROMs on your site.
mellow.gif

Meaning you can't have a self-sustaining ROM site AND avoid being shut down or sued. That's like going into a pet shop to look for a long-haired hairless cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.