Hacking Im stuck at "TTDS Loading..."

KFLO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ive had my DSTT for about a month now and today after I put a game in, im suck at the "TTDS Loading..." screen. I have my games in a separate folder so it cant be that problem. Does anyone know how to fix this? If I'd have to open it up I would in order to fix it, but I dont know what to do.

Thanks.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is the "TTDS Loading..." screen the one that shows up as the menu is loading, or the one that shows up while a game is loading?

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do you get a "No Card" icon when you turn on the NDS with no microSD card in the DSTT?

Does it work with another microSD card?

Have you tried reformatting your microSD card?

-Bri

KFLO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bri said:
Do you get a "No Card" icon when you turn on the NDS with no microSD card in the DSTT?

Does it work with another microSD card?

Have you tried reformatting your microSD card?

-Bri

No I do not get a "No Card". ( I get the happy face microSD that says "Loading" with a all white background and then the menu screen pops up but doesnt load. This is where it says "TTDS Loading..." . It doesnt freeze, it just doesnt load. )

I do not have another microSD. ( I tried on different DS's and still the same problem) (My computer fully recognizes my microSD and I do not use the adapter the DSTT came with)

How would I go about reformatting my card? Btw its a Kingston 2gb card if that helps in any way.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So you tried turning on your NDS with the DSTT inserted but no microSD card?

To reformat, copy all of your files from your microSD to a folder on your PC. Right-click on the icon for the microSD card, and select "Format." Format the microSD with the FAT16 file system. Then copy all your files back to your microSD card.

-Bri

KFLO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My microSD is currently just FAT. When I try to format it, it only gives me the option of formatting it to FAT or FAT32

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try turning on your NDS without the microSD card inserted into the DSTT (but with the DSTT inserted into the NDS) and tell me what you see.

Since you've already reformatted your microSD (I assume) make sure it's got plenty of empty space on it. Also, make sure that your games, save files, and cheat files are in a folder and not on the root of your microSD card.

-Bri

KFLO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks guys it worked. After I reformatted my card I put the firmware in and 1 game to test it out and it was a success.

Although I think I did something now that actually screwed up my microSD. Since I noticed it was working, I rushed to put all my games back in. While putting all my games in there was an error during the middle of the process and now my computer no longer recognizes my microSD. I cant even reformat it anymore either.

Now my DSTT gets stuck at the all white Loading screen. (where it shows the cartoon happy face picture of the microSD).
I think now I have to get a new microSD :/

Ice Cold

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you know anyone else with a fully functional DSTT? I would recommend trying to put your mSD card in there and see what happens. That could be an easy indicator as to what the problem really is; your mSD card or your flashcart. If it is a problem with the mSD, Kingston's got a lifetime warranty on that product, so your lucky that you got a Kingston. Good luck with your problem.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Ice Cold: if the microSD can't be read or formatted by a PC, the microSD card is almost certainly hosed. There's a small chance that the DSTT actually hosed it, but that's not very likely. Either way, the chances of it working in another DSTT are slim to none.

@KFLO: Kingstons have a lifetime warranty, so you should be able to replace it for free.

If you boot up your NDS with the DSTT inserted but without a microSD, you should see the happy face icon that says "No Card". If you insert your microSD, but you don't have the menu properly installed, the icon should say "Menu?" But if it can't read the microSD card, it might still say "No Card".

-Bri

KFLO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
@KFLO: Kingstons have a lifetime warranty, so you should be able to replace it for free.

If you boot up your NDS with the DSTT inserted but without a microSD, you should see the happy face icon that says "No Card". If you insert your microSD, but you don't have the menu properly installed, the icon should say "Menu?" But if it can't read the microSD card, it might still say "No Card".

-Bri

I threw out my microSD packaging just the day before it started screwing up :/, ill just get a 4gb. And besides, I think its a LIMITED warranty with some restrictions that wont allow me to send it in.

Yes, I get the No Card but when I have the microSD in, it gets stuck on loading with the all white background.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Call them. I don't think you need the packaging (it says "Kingston" right on the card).

It definitely sounds like your microSD went bad for some reason. Hopefully your DSTT didn't cause the problem.

Does anyone know if a flash cart can actually kill a microSD?

-Bri

apocalypticvisio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that some cardreaders heat up the microsd cards if you leave them in for too long or you keep loading and unloading, formatting and loading, or whatever mux of things you would do for your games and such. Dunno why though. But if the microSD gets too hot or gets heated and cooled too many times, it can mess it all up. Also, the conditions it's stored in can mess with it, if it ever got near a magnet or went through an xray machine at the airport. All kindsa wierd and fun stuff can mess it up. Also, if it was the taiwan OEM kingston, who knows? My PQI from taiwan works perfectly and can be picked up for a little less than the kingston or any other brand, even plays the games that were supposed to have lag with no issue.

KFLO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well could the problem have occurred because of how I was transferring my games into my microSD. I use my mp3 player which supports normal SD cards. So I put my microSD into the SD adapter, into my mp3 player and into the computer via USB.
Is it possible that my mp3 player couldn't handle that many files being transferred at once?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KFLO,

I honestly don't know. You should use the microSD reader that came with your DSTT to transfer files to and from your PC. Although some of them have had some problems, I don't know that I've heard of any that actually destroyed a microSD card.

-Bri

KFLO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The thing is with the microSD reader that came with the DSTT, my microSD almost got stuck inside the reader the first time so I never used it again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.