Hacking I'm so confused...

buxbunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i decided to hop back onto my gateway today with my unused special edition zelda new 3ds on firmware 9.0. I saw there was a gateway update to 3.7.1 i tried to follow the instructions but everything but gateway was loading. I then followed a guide spent 8hours + installing arm9loaderhax + Luma3DS Sys 11.0.0-33E. I get ther jist of what it is as type cfw that helps with unbricking and other stuff but now i see there's a cfw AuReiNand.
And now assuming my gateway doesn't work although i dod have sky3ds (borrowed to a friend).

The confusion how am i sopposed to load roms/homebrews/etc or use gateway for that matter.

What happened tot the days where you upgraded the firmware and just had a rom loader :P

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
With CFW such as Luma, your roms need to be on the 3DS's internal SD card, and you need to install them as .cia files - .3ds files will not work.

Don't panic. If you really want to use your Gateway cartridge, Gateway are due to release their own A9LH loader very soon.

buxbunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies guys i'm so out of touch i felt like i was going crazy. I kinda feel bad for making fun of computer illiterates.

Ok i got rom in using FBI and cia but seems like such hassle to take ds apart load file onto sd and the transfer them using slow process when gateway seems very plug and play.

Well i guess the hard parts done and my 3sd is good to go

SJ33 i see you got a similar setup are you still using gateway?

Cfw should be fine with online and dlcs right?

zezzo

The "Black Ace"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies guys i'm so out of touch i felt like i was going crazy. I kinda feel bad for making fun of computer illiterates.

Ok i got rom in using FBI and cia but seems like such hassle to take ds apart load file onto sd and the transfer them using slow process when gateway seems very plug and play.

Well i guess the hard parts done and my 3sd is good to go

Yes

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Yeah. I have Luma installed with 11.0 SysNAND and 9.1 EmuNAND. I simply use the 9.1 EmuNAND to boot into Gateway.

buxbunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah. I have Luma installed with 11.0 SysNAND and 9.1 EmuNAND. I simply use the 9.1 EmuNAND to boot into Gateway.
Is there good reason to go into Gateway or am i fine as i am. I only ask as 3ds cfw new territory for me.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is there good reason to go into Gateway or am i fine as i am. I only ask as 3ds cfw new territory for me.
The only reason to load Gateway is if you want to use .3ds roms on the SD card inside the Gateway cartridge itself.

Otherwise, just stick with Luma.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason to ever use gateway is if you are too lazy to install a cia. Which isnt too good of an excuse since we have CIAngel and installing cias through qr code (in fbi) now

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Gateway has had its time, really. I say that as a Gateway owner. It's a good idea to try to move away from Gateway, reduce your reliance on their software and move towards open source solutions such as Luma and Cakes.

I keep my Gateway around because I have a 32GB SD card in there in addition to 64GB in the internal slot, but in truth I never use it.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway has better cheat support.
Yeah, but it's being replaced by NTRCFW (slowly, but still not as slow as soon™). If you don't care for cheats (a majority of people do not) then switching over to CIAngel/converting your own 3ds to CIAs is a much better option, and removes you from the dependency of soon™

buxbunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, but it's being replaced by NTRCFW (slowly, but still not as slow as soon™). If you don't care for cheats (a majority of people do not) then switching over to CIAngel/converting your own 3ds to CIAs is a much better option, and removes you from the dependency of soon™
I'm not interested in cheats but CIAngel seems very interesting

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

NTR will always lack if it doesn't fix up it's debugging tcp system. it's a mess in its current state. It can take ages or even be impossible to find cheats that require pointers which Gateway is capable of.

Last edited by DesuIsSparta,

buxbunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well wanted to check what best way get online is.
I have latest luma so i can go ahead remove dns stops update and do i need do anything to cia for online play?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...