Calafas

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I dont quite know how to write this.

But I just got the worst news of my life so far.

My girlfriend, has been diagnosed with stomach cancer.

Now, i know it can be treated if they caught it early enough.

But she cant even be treated until next Febuary, cause she has to be 15.

And still...operations can go wrong.

And if it does...if anything happens to her, thats it.

I couldnt live without her.

I really dont know what to do. Or Feel.

I know that probably sounds 'emo' or whatever, but yeah, this is horrible.

cry.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
cry.gif

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im no medical expert, but modern medicine is AMAZING. My mom's had surgery before too, had to cut her open and take some tumored areas out, and shes been fine since! I wouldnt worry that they would "mess up the surgery", stomach surgeries are pretty damn common. Its either for weight loss purposes or medical reasons. All I would suggest is to talk to the Dr. More often and see whats going on, and what she can do to reduce any risks.

Dont worry, she'll be fine
happy.gif

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Calafas said:
It wasnt meant to be a poem.

Thats just how i write on different lines.

And thats actually happening, so yeah.
Oh yeah, I'm sorry. I know you were serious. I apologize profusely, that was highly insensitive of me, but it was a very real accident. I am using several browser tabs and my mom walked in and started fussing at me about laundry, I had switched the tabs and wrote my review of a poem in GBATemp, but I wasn't looking at the screen until after she left, then I read what you'd written and realized my error. I'm sorry, I had hoped that I'd be able to edit it before you saw it. Highly stupid of me to make such a mistake, and I can only duck my head in embarrassment and apologize for my negligent reply.

Also PM me, my family is very, very, cancer prone and several of my relatives have had or do have cancer. I've read hundred of articles and pages on info about all types of cancer. I dont know exactly what type your friend has, but I'm sure I can help you with research if your interested in knowing more info, or just want some support, Though be forewarned, especially thorough replies can take a day or two to put together as I'd hate to tell you anything I haven't freshly researched and verified with the latest of info and discoveries.

Calafas

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gizmo_gal said:
Calafas said:
It wasnt meant to be a poem.

Thats just how i write on different lines.

And thats actually happening, so yeah.
Oh yeah, I'm sorry. I know you were serious. I apologize profusely, that was highly insensitive of me, but it was a very real accident. I am using several browser tabs and my mom walked in and started fussing at me about laundry, I had switched the tabs and wrote my review of a poem in GBATemp, but I wasn't looking at the screen until after she left, then I read what you'd written and realized my error. I'm sorry, I had hoped that I'd be able to edit it before you saw it. Highly stupid of me to make such a mistake, and I can only duck my head in embarrassment and apologize for my negligent reply.

Haha, I dont mind. :]

Its easy to make mistakes, i wont hold it against ya.
smile.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing you can do is be there for her. Support her through the tough times that may be coming. Don't dwell on the fact that she has cancer, try to go out and do things to take her mind off of it as much as you can.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I think nintendofreak's reply will be most helpful to you.
At times like these, it sometimes help to try to be a little more optimistic as all that worrying and negative thinking will just make you feel worse.
With knowledge of your girlfriend's sickness, what you can do to help is to be strong for her and not make her worry that you're suffering emotionally like this.

Off-topic: I'd like to know which poem gizmo_gal was reviewing.

"All pain is local."

Nomearod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cancer usualy appears in much older people because the cells are getting older and mutations are more likely to happen during cell's divisions.

If she is that young, it probably didn't spread to other parts and there's a good chance to get over it.

Give your support to her and make her feel like it's not over and she'll stay with you for much more years.

Good luck and don't forget that medicine is really advance this days.
wink2.gif

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Orc said:
Off-topic: I'd like to know which poem gizmo_gal was reviewing.

"All pain is local."
Equally off-topic:
I dont know the name of it, as I closed the tab accidentally, but go to writing.com and search around. You'll find all sorts of interesting stuffs there to hold you interest.

Be sure and register.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, that is a bad news....I really don't think that stuff from real life could sound emo...

I think I know how you feel, as my girlfriend had similar problem (I think it wasn't that serious, but she had to do a surgery) last year...and that messed up her summer....just to find out a month ago, that she has the same problem like last year, so we're waiting and doing some tests to see if she'll have to take an operation again....It's really messed up..

Just be with her, try to be strong, as she's the one going trough the hard part...And be optimistic, I'm sure she'll be fine..

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my adivce? be happy that you have a girlfriend and be as happy as you can around her

this will impact her emotional balance and WILL make a difference. I know your worried and she may be going thought her own emotional trmaia right now but just be confient and the pain will go away

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far