Gaming I'm pretty sure I'm bricked, how can I fix it?

planetofthemage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I power on, and the green light comes on, but the memory stick light doesn;t come on, and the screen stays black. I'm running a 2000 w/ CFW 5.00m33-6. How can I fix it?

Spartan117H3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theres a way to flash your PSP without the pandora battery but since you can't access your data, you have to get a Pandora battery. Can you run recovery mode? Try to fix it through recovery mode.

Finishoff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem. I Had a green solid light and black screen when ever I tried powering it on. If your PSP is hacked with a custom firmware, then completely power down your PSP and reboot it with the "R" top right shoulder button press down (hold it.) It should take you to M33 Recovery menu and with toggle USB you can unbrick it through recovery mode.

planetofthemage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying that right now, and either I can't power it off all the way, (I'm taking the battery all the way out every time), or it just isn't working.

edit: If I do have to get a Pandora battery, where can I find one that I can get cheap and fast? DealExtreme is cheap, but I've heard their shipping is slow as the burning pits of hell.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
What did you do to cause this to happen? Are you certain that the battery isn't already a Pandora and that you've merely wiped the IPL?

planetofthemage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was playing monster hunter freedom 2, and then I turned it off (just like a regular press so I could come back to it later), set it down and when I came back, the screen wouldn't turn on, so I fully powered it off, and then it did what I described in my first post. There's no way it became a pandora between then and now.

And what does IPL mean?

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
planetofthemage said:
I was playing monster hunter freedom 2, and then I turned it off (just like a regular press so I could come back to it later), set it down and when I came back, the screen wouldn't turn on, so I fully powered it off, and then it did what I described in my first post. There's no way it became a pandora between then and now.

And what does IPL mean?

Hmmm, doesn't sound like a brick to me.

When you turn it, does it turn off by itself? If it does, then it is bricked. Otherwise i think that your Screen might be broken or something :wtf:.

planetofthemage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not turning off by itself that I've noticed, but its not getting video or audio as far as I can tell. It doesn't seem to be functioning.

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to be bricked. But that's so weird. You say that it was bricked while you were playing Monster hunter 2, though from knowledge to get the Psp to brick you have to mess with the flash memory :wtf:.

Do you have an idea of what plugins you had working at the time and if you had CXMB installed on your psp?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1