Hacking Im on Reinand, haven't messed with this in two years, help needed

rustyshark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I ran all through that with Godmode but I made a dumb mistake, I hope it isnt a bricking mistake. I didnt have enough free space on the computer so I didnt copy the contents over that second time, then when I got to the last steps I realized I REALLY needed to do it that time. I have the original backup when we first started so I am copying that over now, did I screw up bad, or can I just copy this backup over and restart the process?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I ran all through that with Godmode but I made a dumb mistake, I hope it isnt a bricking mistake. I didnt have enough free space on the computer so I didnt copy the contents over that second time, then when I got to the last steps I realized I REALLY needed to do it that time. I have the original backup when we first started so I am copying that over now, did I screw up bad, or can I just copy this backup over and restart the process?
It is very important that you follow instructions and not skip steps. That's the kind of thing that could cause you to brick someday. Luckily for you, you can just restore the contents from the first backup we made. However, you will need to do the following extra steps:
  1. Download Luma3DS 8.1.1.
  2. Delete the boot.firm on your SD card.
  3. Put the Luma3DS 8.1.1 boot.firm onto the root of your SD card.
You don't have to redo any of the other steps from before.

Last edited by Lacius,

rustyshark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea I realize that and I am normally very good at following every detail. I tried deleting some space on the computer, didnt clear enough and figured it was a safety precaution, so i was dumb about that. So after I copy back my original back up which I was smart enough to do that, I just put Luma 8.1.1 boot.firm in the root and I am good, or do I need to start the process from the beginning. I apologize for my mistake.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea I realize that and I am normally very good at following every detail. I tried deleting some space on the computer, didnt clear enough and figured it was a safety precaution, so i was dumb about that. So after I copy back my original back up which I was smart enough to do that, I just put Luma 8.1.1 boot.firm in the root and I am good, or do I need to start the process from the beginning. I apologize for my mistake.
You don't need to start over. You can continue from where you left off.

rustyshark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thank you so much for taking your time with this. Do i need to delete any of my original backup? It still has the reinand stuff on it like the boot.3dsx and all that

rustyshark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its copying over right now. still has a ways to go, its a 64gb card, 26% complete only writing at about 13mb right now, est time about 50 mins or so, then I will add the luma file to root and continue from there, I just didnt know if any of my original reinand files would interfere when it got done

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its copying over right now. still has a ways to go, its a 64gb card, 26% complete only writing at about 13mb right now, est time about 50 mins or so, then I will add the luma file to root and continue from there, I just didnt know if any of my original reinand files would interfere when it got done
Many of the files on your SD root can be deleted, but they aren't going to interfere. They're just wasting space.

rustyshark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks again, when it finishes ill complete the process and see how it goes. Ill let you know if I was successful.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok one last question while im waiting, once this boots back up, i can just upload to 11.6 from Nintendo directly right? and is this future proof, like can I always update to the latest firmware or will i have to update to a new version of luma each time first I am guessing

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
ok thanks again, when it finishes ill complete the process and see how it goes. Ill let you know if I was successful.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok one last question while im waiting, once this boots back up, i can just upload to 11.6 from Nintendo directly right? and is this future proof, like can I always update to the latest firmware or will i have to update to a new version of luma each time first I am guessing
You can usually always just update, but it's a good habit to check the forum and see if Luma needs to be updated or not, first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?