Hacking I'm on 11.3 and I need help please

TomOrvolosonRiddle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I am on 11.3 with Luma and don't remember what else (followed a YT guide) and I can't go online anymore, plus Luma updater won't work and I can't update games, nor battle online.. my question is: is there anything I can do to fix this? Even if I have to remove everything about the CFW and start over installing a more recent one (since I am on 11.3 after all) and return to be able to use my console at its full potential? I just think my hax are outdated and was wondering if I can change this

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma Updater probably won't work because you're using A9LH, which is outdated. If you power on your 3DS while holding Select, which version of Luma3DS is displayed at the top of the configuration settings? If it's 7.0.5 or lower, then I am correct, and you should follow this guide to update from A9LH to B9S: https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

As for online play, what is the error message do you receive? It could be that you're banned as a result of the great May CFW banwave.

TomOrvolosonRiddle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As kbmarinha said, never follow YT tutorials. Use the https://3ds.guide/
What do you mean you can't go online? Does it show you have internet connection at the top left? Is the wifi slider on? Does it tell you to update?

yes, the slider is on and I am online, but Pokémon tells me that the console needs to be updated in order to play online, nor can I update games before launching them because the console needs updating

Luma Updater probably won't work because you're using A9LH, which is outdated. If you power on your 3DS while holding Select, which version of Luma3DS is displayed at the top of the configuration settings? If it's 7.0.5 or lower, then I am correct, and you should follow this guide to update from A9LH to B9S: https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

As for online play, what is the error message do you receive? It could be that you're banned as a result of the great May CFW banwave.

yes, I am on A9LH, and I have Luma version 6.6

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, the slider is on and I am online, but Pokémon tells me that the console needs to be updated in order to play online, nor can I update games before launching them because the console needs updating

If the reason you can't play online is because your console needs to be updated, then you should follow the above guide I posted to move from A9LH to B9S, and then you can update your 3DS to 11.5.

Tkompuras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

You should go to 3ds.guide and follow the guide "A9LH to B9S" since newer versions of Luma use B9S not A9LH. Currently and after the change there is no danger with updating your device but if you dont want to the homebrew launcher starter kit provides a tool called "ctr-httpwn" that allows you to use features that require updating your device without actually updating

Reactions: TomOrvolosonRiddle

TomOrvolosonRiddle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
first of all, thanks everyone, I am currently updating from A9LH to B9s by followinf the guide you linked, fingers crossed! One question: after that, I can update my console and use all its features without losing anything or doing damage to the hax files?

Reactions: QCLasky

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first of all, thanks everyone, I am currently updating from A9LH to B9s by followinf the guide you linked, fingers crossed! One question: after that, I can update my console and use all its features without losing anything or doing damage to the hax files?
If you're using Luma3DS on B9S or A9LH, it's generally safe to update.

Tkompuras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yep there is no risk from updating the console since Nintendo cant patch B9S, but don't update mindlessly since we don't know what further updates will change so it's a good idea to search the forums here for such answers. 11.5 is safe

Last edited by Tkompuras,

Tkompuras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Also, because I have seen many with such problems, get the new Luma updater provided in the "A9LH to B9S" section and delete the old one since the new one is for the newer and upcoming luma versions that use B9S

TomOrvolosonRiddle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ok, I followed the guide and everything seems to have gone well.. I now have godmode9 when I switch on by pressing start, how do I check which luma version I have and can I update the console through CFW (the one the console boots with?)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have v8.1 Luma, guys.. how do I update my console now?

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Update through the system update. Your 3ds will start in cfw but to make sure, if you are scared, open fbi or something like to see if it can load

Btw if you see this, you can udpate

Screenshot_2017-07-16-12-40-40-1481746448.png

Last edited by QCLasky,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Sigh