Im Learning Japanese,What Would Be A Good Book To Learn It.

Alex221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Japanese Verbs & Essentials of Grammar, Second Edition.

Japanese will take years to learn, you'll have to do more than learn just from books.
I Know,Im Thinking Of Taking Classes In College Though.

Alex221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uuh....probably cause in writing class i dont capitalize important words,so now i capitalize every word to make sure im capitalizing the important stuff
rofl.gif

Alex221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Sorry to go off topic, but Is there some reason why you capitalize every word that you type?
Oh,And You Don't Have To Apologize You're A Mod.
rofl.gif
I Did It Again

rancor01

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.sk8tokyo.com
XP
Country
You can read all the books you want, and take all the classes available, but nothing will ever compare to living here. Seriously - I learned more Japanese within the first month of living here than I did in 4 years of university.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alex221 said:
rofl.gif
I Did It Again

Actually, that's not precisely true.
Being part of the staff doesn't excuse us from the rules.
If anything, we're supposed to adhere to them more than the regular members, and lead by example.

to return to the topic:
I've not really looked into books on learning Japanese, but I considered trying My Japanese Coach on the DS.
You might want to look into this, if you have a DS

Alex221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Alex221 said:
rofl.gif
I Did It Again

Actually, that's not precisely true.
Being part of the staff doesn't excuse us from the rules.
If anything, we're supposed to adhere to them more than the regular members, and lead by example.

to return to the topic:
I've not really looked into books on learning Japanese, but I considered trying My Japanese Coach on the DS.
You might want to look into this, if you have a DS
i've tried that game,its alright,but i dont think i would use it.

Alex221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rancor01 said:
You can read all the books you want, and take all the classes available, but nothing will ever compare to living here. Seriously - I learned more Japanese within the first month of living here than I did in 4 years of university.
What If I Use Rosseta Stone?

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alex221 said:
rancor01 said:

You mean Rosetta Stone. It helps a lot, but you'll have to do slow lessons to memorize it all.

Mine was too expensive, so I pirated it XD

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:

Japanese will take years to learn, you'll have to do more than learn just from books.

I think this is the book I have/im currently using and this is an excellent book. I don't know what edition I have *goes to confirm if the above mention book is the book he is talking about* Yep it is and its the 2nd edition. I so recommend this book. I carry with me wherever I may want to practice. Im currently trying to learn my hiragana syllables. Im hoping my college has japanese classes thought

Alex221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Alex221 said:
rancor01 said:

You mean Rosetta Stone. It helps a lot, but you'll have to do slow lessons to memorize it all.

Mine was too expensive, so I pirated it XD

XD You Pirated It.

Posts Merged______________

QUOTE(JinTrigger @ Jul 13 2010, 01:55 AM) QUOTE(phoenixgoddess27 @ Jul 12 2010, 09:57 PM)

I think this is the book I have/im currently using and this is an excellent book. I don't know what edition I have *goes to confirm if the above mention book is the book he is talking about* Yep it is and its the 2nd edition. I so recommend this book. I carry with me wherever I may want to practice. Im currently trying to learn my hiragana syllables. Im hoping my college has japanese classes thought
I Want To Get That Book But At Barnes And Noble They Only Have The 3rd Edition,Which Was Released Last Month.

matsurisan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I just want to learn enough Japanese to be able to play...say a Japanese Pokemon game (That uses mostly common and small words). I just want to know enough to learn the ropes, (I.E, what each "Character" in the "Character Set" is and how to Read/Write words and basic concepts of basic, daily used Japanese words) I want to be able to communicate in the language but be able to learn it just by experience alone after I have reached the "Kindergarden" level of reading/writing Japanese.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1